Sign in to follow this  
Dyma1988

Fsx delux/acceleration and windows 7 64 bit crash

Hey guys here is my situation; I've built a new computer with the following specs: gtx 650ti, i7 3770k, z77 motherboard and 10 gb ram. My old pc came with windows 7 already installed so when I built the new computer I installed a windows 7 operating system (64 bit). I am able to successfully install fsx delux and acceleration but at least half the time I find fsx crashes when I clock flynow, or it will crash when it loads to 100, sometimes it will crash when navigating menus and other time when I'm ending a flight. When it crashes there is no error message, the whole computer freezes and I am unable to control alt delete or move the mouse or anything and my only option is to turn the computer off with the power button. There are times when I can load a flight successfully and exit but far too often I get these crashes. My stock factory computer had os windows 7 64 bit installed and I never experienced anything like this. I tried the uiautomation fix but it didn't seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Hey Dyma, 

just a suggestion: if you want these guys to help you out, you have got to give them more information. Look at the Crash to Desktop Guide thread, and read it in its entirety. There you'll find instructions on what to report and how, through simple software. I am afraid that with this much info you posted so far, it will be pretty hard for anyone to come to your rescue. Crashes and freezes do not come without a reason, and through the right software, you can pinpoint the cause, most of the time. So, go read that thread, everything you need to do is in there, 

Enrico

Wow!  Great advice Enrico and I totally agree!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

-Hey guys, here is what I was able to obtain.

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-05-07T19:12:04.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>1828</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>CaelinMitka-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
  <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99</Data>
  <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I also get event ID 1003 ISCT agent: CAgentState::DoPeriodicSuspendResume****Error in initialize NetDetect, status = 0x2.

Those are all computer related problems and nothing to do with FSX.  Most likely issues with the motherboard settings (BIOS).  I would restore your computer system to a date or time before these problems started occurring.  I would also reset your BIOS back to the optimized default especially if you overclocked. 

You should also download and run AppCrashView as it sometimes provides more information than your Event Viewer - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html.

You should also download and run a Driver Scanner.  I use DriverScanner to update my drivers.  The program is freeware and will scan your system to see if all of your motherboard, usb, and hdd drivers are up-to-date.  If it finds any out of date, it will give you the opportunity to register the product for a small fee to download and update the drivers or, if you know Google, you can Google the drivers they found and download each and install the updates yourself.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10