Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Changes in NVIDIA Inspector are not saved to FSX

Applying changes, but they are not affecting FSX.

No AA in FSX.

Aaron Tirrell

Hi,

Never heard of anyone having that issue. YOu are sure that you have added/pointed the fsx.exe to the profile? 

If you have then it would seem there may be conflicting graphic settings within fsx or within NI that is preventing the selected graphics options

Bob

Ensure that you have not moved or deleted the Nvidia inspector folder.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Thank you, here are some screen shots of NI and FSX.

Look at the repulsive jagged edges on the edges of the runways, I hate it and it makes me sick.

TpNP4.jpg

TJW36.jpg

FbMSn.jpg

The sawtooth jagged edges of the rotor blade in spot mode could cut a redwood tree down in short order, I am ready to take a sledge hammer to my 55" screen, my home made gaming rig, and all the money I've invested and pound it all to bits. I've never seen such awful AA.

Aaron Tirrell

Are you using FSX in DX10 mode? (With or without the fixer/mods) If so then NI AA settings will have no effect in FSX. Except the Transparency AA settings, and then only if certain other settings are set like DX10 compatibility being set to BioShock setting. If this is the case, I suggest you go to the DX10 forum, and follow the posted guides.

Edit: Just checked,  don't know what happened but it don't look like the DX10 guide is linked by AVSIM anymore?  You should find what you need to know though by posting your request on that forum section.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Is that an ORBX airport?

No mention of hardware type? FYI a 55 TV monitor inst necessarily optimum for FSX. For that sizw of monitor you may be l;looking at the best AA your going to see unless it's a very high resolution TV/monitor. They amplify everything.

I think its loading, its the runways edges that was bothering me, but they may always be like that.

Yes, ORBX KRDD in the NCA region.

DX9.

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

Make sure AA is not enabled in your FSX Settings?

Barry Friedman

Its not, you stop the shimmering, make one change and it goes to Hades, and then you can't get it back, I hate it.

Thats why I thought it wasn't loading.

I'd get it to where it didn't shimmer, and try to raise it to the next higher level, then it would be shimmering like crazy, put it back to where it was, and there is no less shimmering now, I'm ready to put my fist through something.

Aaron Tirrell

55 inch monitor is going to look like crap unless you want to sit 8 feet away. I slide my FSX over to my 55 inch TV when I'm on the treadmill...looks good from 15 feet back but there is no comparison to my 27" screen. Heck my 17" laptop even looks better than my 27 inch screen.

I got it lookibng really nice, zero shimmering, make one little adjustment in NI and lost it, and after many hours cannot get rid of the shimmering.

It was liveable before installing NI.

I tried to roll back to an ancient driver that would allow me to use nHancer but I couldn't, it was great, I'd take nHancer back in a heartbeat.

Aaron Tirrell

Once again, after about 7 hours total today, any changes, even going to default in NI has ne effect at all.

Got lucky the one time, then one simple change threw it off.

Aaron Tirrell

Once again, after about 7 hours total today, any changes, even going to default in NI has ne effect at all.

Got lucky the one time, then one simple change threw it off.

need;

PC specs

FSX.cfg

Something is not adding up.

Not sure what you are complaining about... AA looks pretty good to me

B)

Bert