Sign in to follow this  
maximilianchen

Engine generator won't kick in and C2 Primary fault

Hi all,

So this has happened several time on me now.

I finished my engine start-up process and though was ready to taxi. I advanced my Saitek throttles forward and saw the throttles in the VC advanced along. Yet the engines did not spool up/follow to where the throttle were, as if the engines were 'disconnected' to the throttle position. I looked up the overhead panel and saw, under the C2 Primary button, was a "fault" light. Same light goes for L Main and R Main.

Panel state: both 777 short/long has this issue.

Given that I've encountered this several time, I suspect there was something wrong in my start-up process??

APU -> R Eng Demand -> C1&C2 Primary -> L Eng Demand - > C1&C2 Demand. Fuel pumps on -> Engine start selector, 2 then 1.

Below is a screen shot taken before engine start, but basically the HYD page looks the same even after started.

10154356_755999601085868_828610258595314

Advice and feedback appreciated.

Looks like your engines are off... looking at overhead ELEC and HYD panel. Also on the synoptic page EDP L+R should be green, as they have priority over DEMAND pumps. 

Thanny Davelaar

Your fuel Pumps are off too. As Thanny said, it looks like your engines are off, so Fault lights at L ENG and R ENG are normal. ELEC 2 Fault is normal, because you have the APU gen as power source.

Yes the engines were off at the time I took this snap shot, but still, after they were running I still have the fault lights on under C2 Primary and L&R Main, and N1 won't increase along with the throttle advancing.

Maybe we can help better if you post a screenshot where the problem actually occurs instead of a picture beforehand? :wink:

This is kind of like taking a picture of an unplugged tv and saying it isn't working... :P

Here you go

Before engine start

Capture.PNG

10 minutes after engine start; L & R main gen didn't get connected

Capture1.PNG

C2 Primary pump Fault on

Capture2.PNG

Had been trying to investigate in FCOM v2 what caused these phenomena with no luck...will try to see if other chapters cover this topic or not. Meanwhile if you have any idea what might cause this please let me know.

Maybe it's caused by a corrupted panel state. Go into the pmdg fmc and remove any panel state you have selected to load automatically then exit the sim and go into the pmdg folder and move the "current save state" file to another location. You should start now with all engines running, see if the problem occurs then.

tcas_climb

Need clarification please- I'm assuming you are recommending to go into FSX with a PMDG 777 properly running situation and into the FMC to Menu/PMDG Setup/Start Up State and then delete all files there except for those which originally came with the PMDG 777 (777 CLDDRK, 777 LONG, 777 SHORT). I have 12 other saved start up situations in "startup State" other than these three (I put them in originally thinking that I had to select and load that specific panel state when starting the 777 to repeat the original flight- as is done with the IFly 737NG). These states in the "startup state" location are the same as in "Load  Panel State." I'm assuming I should remove those 12 other start up states? Tried to use the FMC "delete" to remove those 12 start up states. Doesn't work. How do I remove those 12 start up states from the "startup state" FMC location?

I went into the PMDG folder and looked for a file that says "current save state". Can't find. Where is that file in the PMDG folder? Also I'm not sure what you mean by "move the "current save state" file to another location." Can you please be more specific. Can you give me an example of what should be in FMC "startup state" location to make sure that one avoids a potentially corrupted panel state?

Thx

Sometimes this happens also in the realworld T7. Most of the time a reset solved the problem. Push and push again the on/off switch or give a little engine power.

Regards

Jo Kabra

Without working engine generators, maybe there isn't enough power to operate the C2 Hyd Pump.

Bleed air isn't working either.

Did you check for active failures?

A reinstallation could solve your problem, if this is a bug.

Maybe it's caused by a corrupted panel state. Go into the pmdg fmc and remove any panel state you have selected to load automatically then exit the sim and go into the pmdg folder and move the "current save state" file to another location. You should start now with all engines running, see if the problem occurs then.

Hi all

After starting this post I started to suspect there is another reason for my C2 Primary not working, given my L&R Generator & Bleed Air are also not functioning. (which is a normal flow of thought because C2 Primary is powered by the engine generator). I went into FCOMv2 trying to dig something out, but failed. I reinstalled the product for four times using the original installation.exe file but nothing works.

In the last hope I tried what tcas_climb suggested to manually (! risky I know as PMDG do not like people doing manual things, but I was in desperate) remove the panel state folder under PMDG>777 folder (can't recall the right path as I'm in the office now) and have the aircraft "reset" to default, i.e. engine running when the aircraft's loaded. I then shut down/close relevant buttons/switches to make the panel state the same as the default "777 Short" and save it as whatever file name you want to use. Closed the FSX, restarted my pc/fsx and loaded the 777, fired her up and wait. Voila, magic happened and my aircraft is back to normal. 

Is this an item to report to PMDG you think?

Is this a item to report to PMDG you think?

Probably not.  Corrupted panel states happen.  They've already addressed issues with panel states (you can see it as acknowledged and fixed in the issue tracking thread).

Kyle Rodgers