Sign in to follow this  
JustinWheat

Installation Issue

I have P3Dv2.2 install on the D drive of my computer. I have installed OpusFsx on the C Drive. I have read the getting started guide and have an issue. When I go to run the FsxServer program and error message pops up stating "System.TypeInitializationException:the type initializer for 'bn' threw an exception. --System.IO.FileNot Found Exception." Can someone please help me with this. I have a single computer only with nothing but P3Dv2 on it. Thanks, Justin

Hi Justin,

Sounds like you need to install SimConnect for your P3D. You can use our supplied SimConnect.msi in your c:\OpusFSX folder.

Regards

Stephen

Justin, here's an extract from our FAQs just in case they help,

System.TypeInitialisationException error

You need Microsoft.NET version 2 and SimConnect to be installed for OpusFSX and its SimConnect links to work.

You can check what versions of .NET you have installed by checking your c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework or Framework64 folders. You should see a v2.0.xxxxx folder in addition to the v4.0.xxxxx folder.

In the case of SimConnect, first make sure you have installed FSX or P3D along with its SP2 or installed the FSX Acceleration version, SimConnect is usually installed automatically with it. There is a know problem with P3D v2.1, you may need to install SimConnect. If you have mislaid or corrupted your SimConnect or are using OpusFSX on a client PC only for Client Side Weather Control (where FSX is not installed) then you can install it using the SimConnect.msi file within your OpusFSX folder.

Stephen

I installed SimConnect as you resquested and that did the trick. Everything is working well with P3Dv2 and the weather is 100% spot on! Thanks for the help.