Sign in to follow this  
palala

Cannot get RC to work

Need some guidance. Have read the manual in some detail, but cannot get RC 4 to work. I am flying the PMDG 737 and saved the Fp in both fsx and pmdg. After starting and positioning acft at gate I load the RC4 and see the red box on the left of the monitor with the next way point listed, atis frequency and clearance (2) but nothing happens...no sound is heard, no reaction from the keyboard,  then cannot get RC4 to full screen again to see what the issue is and to run the log file??

I am running on windows 7 v64bit on dell dimension (no capacity issues here)

I tried testing the voices on the tab but nothing is heard,  except to see the message "programme not responding" which hangs. The only way to get rid of that is to use the ALT+DEL option.

I have tried uninstall and re-install  but nada!

B)

please advise what to do

thanks

Mel EGLL

You have to run RC4 as Administrator. That means permanently setting it through the properties right click on the RCv4.exe file. .

Also you will need to reset the button settings in RCv4 , preferably to Ctrl+Shift + number, otherwise you will have conflicts with PMDG.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

For Win 7, it is best to create a shortcut to rcv4.exe. Right click on that shortcut and click properties. On that  pop-up dialog click Run As Admin. Click Advanced and click on the checkbox to enable Run As Admin there. This is different than the one on the first dialog.

Click OK to get back to the first dialog and click Apply to set both changes, then OK to close the properties dialog.

If needed change the PMDG or RC key assignments not to conflict. The default RC key assignments are not as described for a few items as in the manual. For PMDG key assignments (at least in FS9) start FS with the PMDG flight loaded. Bring up the FS menu bar. I think there is an options choice and then its dropdown lists PMDG. Click on that to get its various function in a dropdown and click key assignments.

If you would like to change the red fsuipc/RC in flight window text color to white from red make a safe copy of your fsuipc.ini file in a folder outside of FS. Then in the General section add the following line:

WhiteMessages=Yes

There is a lengthy thread on the fsuipc forum regarding RC non-response issues (it started here but was also created on that one).

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76828-rc4-not-responding-to-commands-help/

You might browse that.

The latest full and interim versions of fsuipc are here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

The latest makerwys link is here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Update these from the much older versions on the RC CD or downloaded install. After installing a new makerwys rerun the RC scenery rebuild.

Another option;

If you alt-tab a few times do you see any hidden error message boxes appear?

Check that you do not have your sound card output set to surround sound.