Sign in to follow this  

FSUIPC 4.933 out

Just a heads up for those that use FSUIPC, Pete had released another update.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

FSUIPC version 4.933 only, for those with 4.931 already installed FSUIPC 4.933

-- Adds event.offsetmask function (see latest Lua library documentation)
--.Fixes problem with traffic zapping in P3D 2.x
-- Fixes problem with disappearing / non-reappearing multiline text windows.

Glad Pete fixed the traffic zapping, I was having that issue.

Cheers, Rob.

-- Fixes problem with disappearing / non-reappearing multiline text windows.

This makes P3d 2.2 work properly with RC4. A nice addition, if you fly IFR and want better ATC than default.

This makes P3d 2.2 work properly with RC4.

I keep looking at RC4, but with the developer in limbo and no VFR support, I've left in my "wait and see" list.  But to be honest, all ATC products (other than live ATC) seem to have stopped development ... assuming sales were not enough to justify the developer investment?

Cheers, Rob.

I keep looking at RC4, but with the developer in limbo and no VFR support, I've left in my "wait and see" list.  But to be honest, all ATC products (other than live ATC) seem to have stopped development ... assuming sales were not enough to justify the developer investment?

Cheers, Rob.

7 years without any updates is somewhat of a red flag. However, I think you might be a bit over-concerned about the present state of Radar Contact. The prime author has clearly stated that he has put the development of RC5 on hold, because of ongoing personal and family demands. There is still support provided on the AVSIM forum for RC4 and to be honest, I'm not sure what else needs to be done to make RC substantially better. It doesn't crash (even under Windows 8.1), it is compatible with a wide variety of other add-ons and it even works with P3d 2.2. Pete Dowson keeps updating FSUIPC and tends to follow up when users of RC4 point out any shortcomings. And RC4 has somewhat open architecture in that it accepts third-party voice packs. Want to hear yourself as the PIC? Record all the WAV files needed. ^_^

The only shortcoming is that it isn't designed for VFR use, but that isn't its niche. 

Rob-VOXATC regularly releases updated versions of its ATC program.  Latest is a dual installer in FSX and P3Dv2.2 with added features.  I think the publisher is on his 10th or so iteration of the program over the last 9 years.  You just have to convince your better half that you're not talking to Doug at State Farm when you're using VOX.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

You just have to convince your better half that you're not talking to Doug at State Farm when you're using VOX.

"Well she sounds hideous..."

"Uh, she is a he..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSUIPC 4.934 is out.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

FSUIPC 4.934 is out.

Thanks Joao ...

-- Fixes serious problem of [Auto] loaded Lua plug-in threads being killed at birth.

Cheers, Rob.