Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

How do you get the copilot to operate the a/c controls and speak to ATC

I am thinking of getting MCE. Could someone please explain how to get the copilot to use the a/c controls and speak to the atc. Many thanks.

I am thinking of getting MCE. Could someone please explain how to get the copilot to use the a/c controls and speak to the atc. Many thanks.

Is that default ATC???  you simply tell him, but your F/O also interacts fully with Radar Contact 4....Dave herky is the resident expert...he has lots of You Tube videos....look at this one, where he uses Voice control with PMDG's MD11...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLNqXOOQQ4

WR269

Thanks, but excuse my ignorance, but do I say co pilot speak atc or something like that? I am a newbie to all of this.

Forgot to mention, using default ATC.

Thanks, but excuse my ignorance, but do I say co pilot speak atc or something like that? I am a newbie to all of this.

To get FO to handle ATC, say any of these key sentences

You have the radio

You handle ATC

your radio

You take care of ATC

Your comms.

...many other variations..

FO behavior is slightly different depending on whether you are airborne or on ground.

When airborne, FO will automatically acknowlege instructions, say goodbye, tune the next frequency and establish contact with next controller, etc...

On ground he will acknowledge anything that needs to, but won't make a specific request until you tell him to. This is to avoid FO rushing you into ATC when you aren't ready.

For example, when ready for taxi, ask him "request taxi clearance please" or "obtain taxi clearance" and he will ask ATC and acknowledge too.

Same for takeoff. You don't want FO to ask for takeoff until you are fully ready yourself.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2014 at 9:47 AM, FS++ said:

On ground he will acknowledge anything that needs to, but won't make a specific request until you tell him to. This is to avoid FO rushing you into ATC when you aren't ready.

My FO Williams makes request without waiting my specific request, any tip on how to make him wait my order??

On 6/12/2017 at 11:27 PM, stegor said:

My FO Williams makes request without waiting my specific request, any tip on how to make him wait my order??

It could be that MCE isn't seeing aircraft is on ground.

To ensure everything works as expected, when Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it.

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "fsx.exe", "Prepar3D.exe" or/and "fs9.exe" to run as administrator.

When using a launcher app to start the sim, like "SimStarter" or other, the latter must also be run as administrator.

MCE is run outside the simulator process for better stability of the latter and to prevent speech engine eating valuable VAS memory. But it needs data from the sim in order to make informed decisions. Hence the need to ensure MCE is communicating with the sim without hindrance.

Definitely no need o disable Windows UAC if you follow advice above.

Eventually, with the aircraft on ground, engines running, go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and see if it's reporting "Aircraft on ground, engine(s) running" in green font.