Sign in to follow this  
777simmer

Ops Center updated - no more freezes

This is weird.

I have a fresh install here, fresh everything (Win7 + FSX + PMDG777 + OPUS)

Nothing else installed into FSX or into Win7!

I am trying to see what produces 777 freezes and what not.

I had freezes before but now I have done 4 flights and I dont get any more freezes.

(same flights that produced freezes before under the same conditions)

And I am trying to produce a freeze here!

All I did is update the Ops Center from the one that shipped with the PMDG777 download, to todays version.

I saw a 777.dll was updated in the process.

Is that THE.....777.dll...?.....the one that you have to allow to run in FSX after first time start of a fresh install?

Is that even possible, that an Ops Center update fixes my freezes?

Rob Robson

Interesting find Rob. And hopefully the end of the freezing saga you have had to endure.

Now not long after the T7 was released, my Op's center was updated and if I remember correctly, the 777.dll was updated, So that was a few months ago now. Maybe your Ops center did not update correctly the first time ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It is the first time I updated it after my frash install.

But I found something even more interesting and similar.

I went into the FSX menu while cruizing at FL340 at 4x FSX speed (not PMDG time compression)

OPTIONS/SETTINGS/DISPLAY

Looked at my settings for a bit and went to get a cup of coffee.

Then I came back I camcelled the open Settings Display.....

Aaaaand.......

It took a few seconds for the FMC to catch up, but then it displayed a new fuel estimate for the destination. Several Tons less!

Similar to when FSX freezes!!

Rob Robson

I did a search for the PMDG777.dll

and found only one on my PC.

I thought it would be in the FSX folder, but it was not.

The one and only PMDG777.dll I could find is in the programs folder.

And that is the one that got updated with the Ops Center update.

1)

Now is that the one that you have to allow in FSX the first time you run the PMDG777 or is it not?

2)

a .dll is what makes an addon aircraft work right?

It is like a .exe file right?

3)

If there is only one PMDG777.dll and if this is like the .exe of the application then it makes sence that un update of it can improve things, no?

Rob Robson

Tried to update my OC today, but there's no newer version than the one I've had when experiencing freezes. The OC hasn't updated the T7, either.

Looks like I have to stay in the 'frozen zone' for the time being.   :unsure:

I have not checked what Ops Center version I have now.

But I say again:

I installed the PMDG777 fresh. In a fresh Win7 with a fresh FSX installation.

So when I went into the Ops Center yesterday, to support a ticket.....it said an update was available for the Ops Center.

I allowed that update to download and install.

And thus the original Ops Center (from Sept 2013) that gets installed from the PMDG777 download, was updated to the latest one.

I guess we could check under the ops center thread when the last update was.

Rob Robson

OC v1.6.1 can't be updated any further.

As for your fresh install, one could assume the freezes only occur when PMDG modules interact/interfere with other addon's dll's. With no other addons than the T7, freezes may never happen.

Still thinking about Steve's statements concerning (addon) AI traffic ...

Ok, there is a log file in the "Program Files/PMDG Ops Center" folder.

The original version was V1.0....duhhhh.....and it was updated to v1.6.1 which is from 09/29/2013.

So nothing new under the sun.

I will do more test and see if things stay like this.

Still though, if anyone has an answere to my 3) questions above.....that would be great :-)

Rob Robson

Rob I want to thank you for this post as it has helped, I just tried last night a quick flight and had a few stutters and lag between view changes and now almost perfect with out OC and tweaks so pretty sure this helped brother - now I am really looking forward to SP1   :yahoo: 

Rich Sennett

Hi Guys,  My knowledge of the items you are all referring to is limited but out of curiosity I delved into the whereabouts of the O.C. dll in my PC and where you are all referring to the Program folder, I found it under the Program(x86) folder, which I found strange as PMDG refer to this folder as bad news and I wondered why it was in this folder for that reason.  Any reasons?  Richard Welsh.

programs(x86) folder....yes thats the one.

Yeah I know.....I was very surprised to find the 777.dll in the programs(x86) folder as wel .

But first we need to find out if this 777.dll is in fact that important.dll that runs the 777!

Rob Robson

One way to find out is to rename the dll files in the x86 folder and see what happens.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.