Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Ezdok in P3D 2.2 problem due to different drive?

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I just took the plunge yesterday and bought P3D. As a flightsim freak, I just had to give it a try and see it in person. And what I've seen so far, is very impressive. The framerate is very smooth and stable, and rarely drops below 25. And that's with these beautiful cloud shadows turned on and in the Aerosoft Airbus Extended. In the MJC Q400 it's even better, even over dense sceneries like London. (FTX Global, buildings set to dense) Very good! ;-)

But I can't get Ezdok to work. I read about the missing exe.xml in 2.2, so I created one, put it into the correct P3D folder, added the entry for Ezdok, added the fsx.exe into the root folder of P3D, but still no joy. It's worth mentiong, that FSX and Ezdok are installed on my C drive, but P3D is on the D drive.

What did I miss, where is the fault?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've never tried to use EZCA in P3Dv2 yet, but from your post what came to my mind was did you make sure to set the correct path to the EZCA executable in the exe.xml (especially the drive letter?). If the drive letter isn't included it may be confused like you're alluding to.

EDIT: Found this post on the actual EZCA support forums, and it looks like it may have the solution for you: http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-and-prepar3d_topic49068.html

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Guest Mik75

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I've read the thread you mention already and I think the problem might be that Ezdok looks for FSX on the same drive it is installed. When I start P3D, there is an error message of Ezdok that says something like FSX=0 (can't remember the exact message, I am not on my PC right now).

Guest Mik75

Any ideas guys?

Any input is highly appreciated!

Did you install the v1.17 update that's available from that same forum? It's stickied at the top of the EZDOK sub-forum.

The 1.17 update looks for prepar3d.exe instead of fsx.exe, though I think you still need to have something named fsx.exe in the P3D folder.

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Guest Mik75

Did you install the v1.17 update that's available from that same forum? It's stickied at the top of the EZDOK sub-forum.

The 1.17 update looks for prepar3d.exe instead of fsx.exe, though I think you still need to have something named fsx.exe in the P3D folder.

Hi!

Yes. version 1.17 is installed, and I also tried it with a copy of the FSX.exe in the P3D folder. I really think it might be related to the seperated drives...

Did you try just making a new text document, and renaming it "fsx.exe" instead of using the actual FSX executable?

13.jpg

Guest Mik75

Did you try just making a new text document, and renaming it "fsx.exe" instead of using the actual FSX executable?

I've tried both, but no luck...

There is another ezca.exe on simforum specifically for P3D. Search for it there.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Show us the contents of your EXE.xml

I don't think it's a drive issue because my P3D is on a separate drive from EZCA, so it's got to be something else.

13.jpg

You can't run the config tool without EMT, so your cameras will not get put into the aircraft files.

I have to start EMT and turn on virtual FSX, then run the ezdok config tool then turn virtual FSX back off. If you don't have EMT you'll have to hand edit each aircraft file or copy them over from FSX.

Different drives has nothing to do with it , at one point I had FSX on C: and P3D on D: and it worked just fine,,,

side note: if you have the exact same aircraft with FSX and P3D (carenados for instance) the camera files will be shared by both so you don't have to set them up twice

Guest Mik75

Here is my exe.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Ezdok starts with P3D, but then an error message pops up, stating something like FSX = 0, can´t remeber it exactly.

It would be very nice to have the cameras all set up in P3D, so I might buy the migration tool.

Guest Mik75

Ok, I can't get it to work! I tried about everything I found on the web, but still no luck.

Does anybody know how I can get my Track Ir to work with P3D without Ezdok?

I'm using the migration tool, but from that thread I linked one guy said he got it to work without it.

If you plan on using P3D with the legacy FSX stuff, the migration tool is a sound investment.

13.jpg