Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Ezdok in P3D 2.2 problem due to different drive?

Ezdok starts with P3D, but then an error message pops up, stating something like FSX = 0, can´t remeber it exactly.
It would be very nice to have the cameras all set up in P3D, so I might buy the migration tool.

I'll say it again....a new ezca.exe was created specifically for P3D that eliminated this error message. Search for it in SimForums in the EZCA section. I can't link to it, as simforums is blocked on my work network.

Also, as others have said, you need the migration tool in order to configure each plane, otherwise you will have to manually enter the [camera 201] into each aircraft.cfg maually, and who really wants to do that.  It is the only reason you really need the migration tool.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Guest Mik75

I'll say it again....a new ezca.exe was created specifically for P3D that eliminated this error message. Search for it in SimForums in the EZCA section. I can't link to it, as simforums is blocked on my work network.

Also, as others have said, you need the migration tool in order to configure each plane, otherwise you will have to manually enter the [camera 201] into each aircraft.cfg maually, and who really wants to do that. It is the only reason you really need the migration tool.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I've just overlooked your first message, sorry about that!

"It's worth mentiong, that FSX and Ezdok are installed on my C drive, but P3D is on the D drive."

I have Ezdok are installed on my C drive (Win7-64), but P3D and FSX on my F drive.

I have 2 physical 1TB hard drives dirves .. C and F.

I installed EZdok manually .. no migration tool.

BTW, EZdok has worked for me on all versions of P3D (except World cameras which I do not use anyway .. never tested).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Mik75

"It's worth mentiong, that FSX and Ezdok are installed on my C drive, but P3D is on the D drive."

I have Ezdok are installed on my C drive (Win7-64), but P3D and FSX on my F drive.

I have 2 physical 1TB hard drives dirves .. C and F.

I installed EZdok manually .. no migration tool.

BTW, EZdok has worked for me on all versions of P3D (except World cameras which I do not use anyway .. never tested).

Good to know! So if you want to set up cameras, and you don't want to do it by manually adding entries to the aircraft.cfg, you don't need the migration tool necessarily?

Good to know! So if you want to set up cameras, and you don't want to do it by manually adding entries to the aircraft.cfg, you don't need the migration tool necessarily?

In order to use the automatic configuration tool that adds the required EZDok camera entry to an aircraft's aircraft.cfg (otherwise EZCA will not work right in spot view mode), you need to spoof it so it looks in the Prepar3d SimObjects directory instead of the FSX SimObject directory.

The migration tool takes care of this automatically, but I think you may be able to use one of the few registry tweaking tools to do the same thing.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Guest Mik75

In order to use the automatic configuration tool that adds the required EZDok camera entry to an aircraft's aircraft.cfg (otherwise EZCA will not work right in spot view mode), you need to spoof it so it looks in the Prepar3d SimObjects directory instead of the FSX SimObject directory.

The migration tool takes care of this automatically, but I think you may be able to use one of the few registry tweaking tools to do the same thing.

Ok, understood! Thank you guys for your effort and help!

So, I'll get the migration tool anytime soon!

Dear members, it's difficult to understand, i have FSX and PMDG 777-200LR/F all installed on my C:\ drive, i would like to know if it's possible to install EZDOK, and if it's working?

Likes to me very useful for working in the cockpit!   :holland-flag:

This link is bad, thanks anyways SimonC (RAR is empty).

I found the thread that has the post from the producer with the right file. Look at post #16 here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-and-prepar3d_topic40274.html

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

problem is with simconnect ... only P3D V2.2  ...  my solution is to install FSX and immediately uninstall .. simconnect fix ... EZCA work

I was looking solution for 2 days..  Only this helped