Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Reached the end of my rope with this hobby

I agree with Bill's question to your post there. Did you get a VANILLA copy of it running before you shoved all that stuff into it?

before you shoved all that stuff into it

This is a very good question.  Installing add-ons into P3D that were designed for FSX requires a bit more user testing to see if there are any issues.  That is why many P3D users only products that have P3D installers and if they do install products that do not, then they are very judicious in doing so.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

For an insight into my less than happy introduction to V2.2 please follow this link:    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6934.0#postid-36706

Given that you've been flightsimming for so long, I'm surpriseed that you weren't aware of the sort of problems you might encounter.  Even more surprising, is that you would choose to then vent your frustrations here under that headline.  I prefer to temperature test everything on Avsim forums before taking a plunge like that.

If he wants to run all of those addons, then his course of action is obvious....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I feel your pain, but I also learned just like slamming your head into the door that doesn't get you anything but a headache.  I have P3D on one drive and FSX on another.  I only us Migrator to install FSX freeware that has no issues.  PMDG and such, that I have will stay on my FSX HD.  Aerosoft Airbus, Majestic Q400, and such that are jumping on the P3D wagon and can install themselves, great!  Matter of Captain Sim just made a L1011 version for P3D or I should be more accurate, installable and runable.  So depending on what I am in the mood to fly, depends on what sim I crank up.

So take a break, we all need one from time to time, if you still like this hobby then try my approach.  Oh, and do what a lot of us are doing, if the package does not say P3D compatible - Pass!

Don't understand how you can complain about P3D when your errors obviously comes from software made by others than Lockheed Martin...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I currently don't use P3Dv2; I had a developer sub since release that I've let lapse.  While I do plan on either purchasing (or re-subbing, depending on whether I want to do dev work on my laptop with it) in the near future, there's one single reason why I don't currently use the platform:

It currently doesn't have enough native add-ons that I want to use.

I don't know why people keep expecting to be able to toss all of their favorite FSX addons into the mix and have everything work perfectly, especially since months of forum posts have proven that this is a very unwise approach and leads to many issues and potential instability.

There's three routes to take:

- Install the current selection of native third party addons, enjoy your improved performance and graphical eye-candy,

- Hold off until the places, and the aircraft, you want are available natively for P3Dv2, then switch and enjoy as per above,

- Install everything under the sun and not care if things are compiled or tested in P3Dv2, complain when things don't work.

Sadly, too many seem to pick the third choice! :mellow:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It's the second option for me, which is why I can't see myself purchasing P3D any time soon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png