Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What you MISS above 2200 ft ASL!

If anybody thinks that ORBX's  FSG Global is merely generic 'canned' repetition of tiles and autogen, as you proceed along your flight line...they need to fly, and view the product at 2200 ft.

I am presently VFR'ing Ontario (Canada) Highway 17, and, at about 100 miles northwest of CYYB (North Bay) where I took off from, and headed to Pictured Rocks National Shoreline in Michigan, USA.

Post Edit:  You DO NEED either UTX USA/CANADA, or ORBX's Vector program to do this flight. That gives you the proper highways and road superstructure, bridges etc...

For this flight today..I intend to stay at 2200 ft (where possible, terrain notwithstanding), and I have to report that there are so many different depictions of such things as radio and cell towers, industrial complexes (buildings and smoke stacks, etc) all at whatever height they are most likely in real life. I have seen railroad yards, lumber mills, other industrial depictions, as well as many different types of rural and urban neighborhoods.  Straight through's and cul-de-sacs.

All in all, I highly recommend this altitude for your VFR'ing anywhere within FSX Global (where terrain elevations allow, unless you adjust for such in-flight)

I kindheartedly recommend this flight out of CYYB...and keep Highwway 17 in view, as your navigation aide. You we see what I am seeing....as you do fly-overs of all the villages and towns along the route North. I intend to end up at Sault Ste. Marie. From there...will navigate the lakeshore of Superior...and on, till I get to 'tourist' the Pictured Rocks.

As always...having a ball with DX10/FSX...and hope you are,too!

Back to the flight....just suspended over a logging operation.... :)

Post Edit 2:  Paused again to come here and type..that I don't have a clue how ORBX did this product...every town, village, 'burb, is different. The houses, and other auto-gen positioned on the roads supplied (in my case) by UTX.  I am truly blown away by the believably rendered visual supplied by FSX-G and UTX USA/CANADA.  Stunning!  The cliffs overhanging meandering rivers, the hundreds of lakes I have seen clear out to the horizon, forested areas like blankets of evergreen, and UTX's performance is beyond criticism of any type.  What a virtual world both products are bringing on....wow, wow..wow.....

Active Sky Next is dishing up low hanging cloud, some fog, and lots of rain at this point in the journey as I head over the north end of the lake..and towards Elliot Lake, which will be just north of my pass by there viewing Hy 17.   Having a blast.....

-----------------------------------

Mitch

Ok you got me after some months of wait and see..... Downloading now...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Ok you got me after some months of wait and see..... Downloading now...

You'll need UTX USA/Canada, or Vector to get your roads, etc....

Yep I know. I'm reinstalling my flightsim machine with a new ssd and Prepar3d as my fsx replacement. I still have to reinstall utx that I had already use for fsx.

Finished yesterday evening installing global base then my four Orbx regions including the NRM, CRM and PFJ for which the triple installer was made available recently.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Yep I know. I'm reinstalling my flightsim machine with a new ssd and Prepar3d as my fsx replacement. I still have to reinstall utx that I had already use for fsx.

Finished yesterday evening installing global base then my four Orbx regions including the NRM, CRM and PFJ for which the triple installer was made available recently.

I found that if you use ORBX Weather Settings #4 in your 'canned' weather list, you get great cloud and visual performance, it gives you a typical day that you'd want, and has building weather and wind intensity...as well, as cloud deck changes in altitude.  I highly recommend this ORBX scenario, for when you want more FPS performance from P3D, more than you get with using your purchased weather gen program. Also, manually adjust your Weather Changes slider to what you wish. I use Medium for how fast weather changes up.  One more thing, I found that you need to press the 'B' key every 10 minutes as this scenario and its wind...moves the B.P. quite a bit.  After about an hour in the air...and approaching 11S (Sekiu), I had quite an off-shore cross wind to handle...and had some good interaction.  I looked at my virtual wife...and she looked a tad er...the pallor of 'green'....