Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Have anyone tried Inssbruck with the T7?

That's really pushing the envelope..

Think it's just to big for that one.

I think that's an open challenge. :-)

Someone needs to do it.

That's really pushing the envelope..

Think it's just to big for that one.

I think that's an open challenge. :-)

Someone needs to do it.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

It's allready a challenge in a 737-800.. haha

In the real world, i believe the largest plane flying in there is an Airbus a319

OK the Inn have already been done, I will do it anyway. But I will have a look at Queenstown, NZ (NZQN). And VQPR Bhutan, there is a video from a real world landing there on youtube, looked a little crazy. Manual whole way with a sharp left turn seconds before TD. They had just a A319, wonder if it is possible with the T7 at all.

Otherwise it will be a party for the mounting goats with a lots of food :Party:

Per W Sweden

The challenge is flying the LOC WEST 08 approach. That's the IGS that leaves you over an NDB, then you'll have to manoeuvre visually pretty close to the mountains to get it into runway 08.

If it can be done on a 737, then it can be done on the 777 too. It's very manoeuvrable.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I have found that an empty 777 can stop on very short runway...and with Boeing's runway loading conversions chart, you can see that it doesn't present a loading problem for many smaller airports' runways.

It's allready a challenge in a 737-800.. haha

In the real world, i believe the largest plane flying in there is an Airbus a319

737-800 fairly regularly, I'd say A320 should show up just the same.

767 appears on occasion.

If it can be done on a 737, then it can be done on the 777 too. It's very manoeuvrable

Do you think we'll be able to get the big 744v2 in and out of LOWI ok Jaime?  IIRC the runway is about 6500ft.  I may have to "schedule" a 744v1 flight there this weekend for testing B)

Chris Sunseri

737-800 fairly regularly, I'd say A320 should show up just the same.

767 appears on occasion.

Funny, cause the operators that fly into bhutan don't even have those planes in their fleet. 

And i will eat my shoe if a 767 even tries to go in there in real life.

Druk Air has 3 A319's

Tashi Air has 1 A319

The single other operator that flies in to bhutan has a fleet of ATR's

Funny, cause the operators that fly into bhutan don't even have those planes in their fleet. 

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Innsbruck.

No need to apoligize.
Inssbruck takes larger planes.

You are spot on on that one.

Yeah only a handful of pilots are certified to fly into Bhutan.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Do you think we'll be able to get the big 744v2 in and out of LOWI ok Jaime?  IIRC the runway is about 6500ft.  I may have to "schedule" a 744v1 flight there this weekend for testing B)

You could do the straight in ILS26 just fine.

I don't think the LOCWEST 08 would be done in real life on a 747. It's probably "doable", but I don't think it would be very safe.

I recall landing the 747 at La Gomera, GCGM, in FS9 just for the fun of it. The runway is 1500 meters long and 30 meters wide... 

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

747 is same story as 777.  Apart from there not being any ILS in Innsbruck... the runway is plenty big enough for a lightish 777 or a 747. Neither of those would have to fly any faster than a heavy 737-800, which is a normal occurence. Same speed means same maneuverability as far as airliners are concerned.

IRL, there would be a problem with apron space and I guess runway strength, but in simulator, it is really no harder getting either of those down there as it is getting a 737 down there.