Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Can I send my 737 panel.cfg to another person?

Hi I have been asked by another member on Avsim to send them my Panel.cfg  for  the 773NGX  for use  with nvidia surround as they get the spinning mouse cursor.

I have at this point advised them to log a support ticket with PMDG.

However am I allowed to send this file to somoene else? 

I dont want to break any rules or copy right etc!

I wont until I am sure I can  any advise appreciated.

Regards

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I'm only guessing here, but I'm going to guess that would be a big and defitine NO and perhaps also a breach of the EULA.

You absolutely cannot do this. PMDG has detection stations all over the world that monitor all of the global email traffic. If it detects that some sort of config file has been sent to another person, even if that person also owns the 737, the monitoring station then immediately establishes a connection with one of PMDG's SATCOM stations that assigns an execute job to an awaiting satellite. That satellite then gets into position over your home and fires an orbital beam that contacts your home extremely accurately, vaporizing you and your computer instantly.

Seriously, someone in 2006 sent an aircraft.cfg to someone and this is what happened.

It is a cfg file, not actual DLL's or proprietary files, ask PMDG though. If I was a dev, I would say NO to dlls, textures, program files that sort of thing, but a CFG file that's user-editable anyway? mmm

cfg's get shared all the times on forums. Especially when third party addons to addon aircraft are being used.

I don't see why not.its a cfg not a DLL as was said above

Cheers for the comments,  I have advised him in the meantime to log a ticket with PMDG (as I did) , PMDG were brilliant on providing me with a cfg within just a few hours of me logging a ticket.  Just  thought me helping him could free up  some of their time.

Thanks again

Quest 2

Windows 11

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  SERIOUSLY  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH   i love this site ,am i  allowed 2 laugh?  ahahaaqahaaaaaahahah  no offend   but ...

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

What a strange reply?

Quest 2

Windows 11

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  SERIOUSLY  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH   i love this site ,am i  allowed 2 laugh?  ahahaaqahaaaaaahahah  no offend   but ...

You're certainly not allowed to post that as you didn't sign your name.  This is the PMDG forum.

sig01.png

What a strange reply?

Bozdog  i apologize  man ,didnt mean to offend ..anyone..we cool right ?

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

Sure no problem just seemed a bit bizarre ,must be a difference in cultures :-) All the best

Quest 2

Windows 11

You absolutely cannot do this. PMDG has detection stations all over the world that monitor all of the global email traffic. If it detects that some sort of config file has been sent to another person, even if that person also owns the 737, the monitoring station then immediately establishes a connection with one of PMDG's SATCOM stations that assigns an execute job to an awaiting satellite. That satellite then gets into position over your home and fires an orbital beam that contacts your home extremely accurately, vaporizing you and your computer instantly.

Seriously, someone in 2006 sent an aircraft.cfg to someone and this is what happened.

:D You made my day.

Philipp Schwaegerl

As long as you don't include any of the copyrighted files with the .cfg then it would be fine.   

Kind regards

Werner

Come on, what copyright? Fully working PMDG 737NGX package is available on torrents since the first week it was relased, come on people. And now even 777, even though it has security protection with online activation etc.

I don't like software pirates, I hate when someone's work is being stolen and uploaded on torrent websites, but let's get realistic, what harm could possibly be done by sending a .cfg file?

Also, this online activation, protection stuff is just making life harder for legit and loyal customers. Piracy is same old as the internet itself, there were pirates 20 years ago, and there will be pirates 20 years up from now. All PMDG did with their new protection system, is they kept pirates from cracking the B777 for whole 3 months, now anyone who doesn't want to open their wallet can go and just take it from the torrent - It didnt work.