Sign in to follow this  
Splash1235

PMDG 737 Crashing to desk top. Fatal Error

Hello. I love this plane but I'm not able to fly it and use its features without it crashing my FSX and giving me a fatal error.I notice it really only happens when I use the FMC or switch between views alot. I think I have a pretty good computer. Z87 pro mobo, evo pro ssd 250, gig 16 gigs mem,GTX 770 4gig card.just don't know what could be wrong. I created my own FSX file and got rid of Microsoft games file. Any help would be appreciated.

I too have a similar problem. It seems to be quiet common and I'm looking for practical solutions (paying money to a third party isn't a solution!).

I can fix the crash by unplugging my controllers before starting the simulator, once I've loaded PMDG 737 NGX I can plug my controllers back in...that is not a proper solution at all... but it gets me flying.

I too have a similar problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please sign your full names per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.

Funny I never put the name of the 2 aircraft I was having problems with. Its the A320 extended addition from aerosoft and the pmdg 737 800/900. kiwi did you try and update your mouse drivers or USB drivers? Sounds like there is a conflict when loading the software. I would check my msconfig and see what's in the start up that may be conflicting. I would try a selective start up and turn off unused background services.Just a thought.

I too have a similar problem.

Thank you for your name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Download and run this registry repair tool as administrator http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library. It might help, it might not. Try it and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention - apologies for the oversight. Done!

I found a solution to the problem - it appears that it's a conflict with my Warthog Joystick - Button 3 (S3) is faulty and remains "on" or depressed. I managed to get it to a point where the button was "off" and no problem with FSX and PMDG737.

However the suspect button reverted to the "on" position and this caused FSX to crash (during preview of the PMDG737NGX). I restarted FSX with the default aircraft (microlight) and removed the key mapping for the S3 button (it was mapped to one of the trim controls) in the Controls menu. So even though the button is still "on" it is now ignored by FSX/PMDG737. I am now able to  select PMDG737NGX without a problem.

I would check for any buttons or controllers that are faulting (using control panel/Devices management etc...depending on OS version). Then check the key mapping for that button/function and remove any mapping. Certainly worked for me. Good luck!