Sign in to follow this  
htuna

C310 R upgrade instructions

Hi,

I received an email from simMarket regarding the C310 R upgrade. It said that I should remove the old version first.. I do not see an uninstall program group or link in add remove programs.. Do I just delete the folder in FSX? Or is it ok to just install over the old version?

The installer has an uninstall option. Use that.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I didn't see the instruction to uninstall the old version. I just installed the new version over the old one, and as far as I can tell everything is working fine.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Eh, whatever works. The installer is configured to always overwrite any existing files, thus ensuring a complete replacement for all files.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not in my case it didn't. I've now got two C310s, one, the original, Cessna310R Milviz and two is labeled Cessna310R FSX Milviz. I've salted the original one away in a safe place. No idea why, it just seemed like a good idea. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Argh! That's what happens whenever we need to update the product's folder name...

You can safely delete the original folder entirely, as there's nothing there of value any longer. Perhaps in the future I will script the installer to either rename an existing folder or simply remove it prior to installing the new files.

Fr. Bill    

You can safely delete the original folder entirely,

But by all means make safe copies of any .cfg files you have made, such as integrating any 3rd party avionics and addition of any additional liveries as examples.  Also those livery or texture folders.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

DId the update fix your issue?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

DId the update fix your issue?

Colin,

Is that question for me?  If so I have not confirmed yet.  It clearly got rid of that strange arc of light seen when the 310 was selected on my FSX aircraft selection screen.  I have not yet had time to make a flight headed away from the sun late in the day from daylight into twilight into dark.  That requires a longer flight than I have been able to fit in.  I hope to do so by the end of this week.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Alright... Do let me know

Alright... Do let me know

Unfortunately the answer is no.  Odd, when it started today it was almost immediate, which was different than before.  Previously the issue would slowly evolve as if in inverse to the fading natural light.  Today it appeared all at once. Also happened later that when it used to start in regard to fading natural light. Will send you some screenshots in the next couple of days after I have a chance to resize them and upload them to my photo host.  

Will add that lowering and then raising the gear eliminates the issue.  I confirmed that.  Then still in flight I loaded your B55 as it is the model that I have that's closest to the C310 in speed and power and prop pitch settings.  No issue there.  Then I loaded the C310 again and the issue was back present upon loading.  An additional observation.  When I came back to the C310 from the B55 I was in spot or chase plane view.  I cycled the gear to eliminate the issue.  Then I switched to VC view and the issue was still present in that view.  Switched back to external view and no issue.  Back to VC the issue was still there.  Cycled the gear again while in VC, and the issue went away in that view.  Went to the B55 and back again, this time staying in VC view.  Issue was there again.  Cycled the gear, issue went away.  Switched to external view and issue was gone there as well.  So it appeared that cycling the gear when in external view ends the issue in that view, but not in the cockpit.  However it appeared that cycling the gear while in VC eliminated the issue in both views.

Went through same sequence one last time C310 - B55 - C310.  This time I tried starting the gear down and then back up several times, first letting them fall just a bit, then the next time just a bit farther, then again even more, etc.  The issue would not go away until the first of the three gear reached full extension.  I did not even once do anything with the landing lights.  I now wonder if flipping that switch on and off would have any effect on the issue.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Per message immediately above, it WAS a nice day for a flight.  From Bloomington, Indiana, to Easton, Md.  Departure time was 2300Z.  This taken about 90 minutes into the flight.  Colin, sending some other shots via PM.

C310_5-13-2014%284%29-XL.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

This honestly has me puzzled, Frank. In all of the years -yes YEARS- I've worked on and with the C310R I've never once had this issue appear on any of my three flight simulator machines...

There are actually two different "landing and taxi light" systems used in this product. During the dawn, day and dusk periods the default fx_landing.fx system is used. The "3D Light" system is only supposed to be active at night.

Fr. Bill    

This honestly has me puzzled, Frank.

Me too Bill.  Is it possible I screwed up something with my repaint?  All I did I believe was change the gold stripe to gray and change the tail number.  I believe I have always been in my N331PP livery for the affected flights.  When I get another chance I will flying from/to the same lighting conditions with an original livery and see what happens.  

Please do note that I am also one of the few users with the mysterious light square that appears from the B55 at certain angles to the ambient light source. Livery in use makes no difference on that issue. The issues with both aircraft have bridged the transition from a Radeon 1GB 6750 to an nVidia GTX560TI 2GB.  Issues present both before and after that.  I'll let you know what happens when I try with an original livery.  At that point I will likely PM you.  The C310 issue certainly appears to be an issue unique to my installation.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Bill, it does sound like something is messing with the bone animations which control the light if I recall correctly. Maybe investigate the code there?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion