Sign in to follow this  
htuna

C310 R upgrade instructions

Jon, surely if there was an issue with the control scripts, this problem would appear for everyone, and not just one user...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No one responded to my question as to whether my texture/livery repainting could have messed something up. It appears the light emanates from the model in a flat plane of light.  That up until for some reason the horizon begins to light up.   Please allow me to fly the issue-causing conditions with one of the unaltered texture sets originally supplied.  For my own personal sense of satisfaction that is a logical next step for me.

Also.  Again.  Of all the users out there, how many have done any day into night flying?  Possibly only when heading away from the sun.  What if only with FSX Gold, or with FSX Gold and Windows 7-64.  Note how each of those characteristics narrow the field of users, again, and again, and again.  So at this point lets just say only one user has identified such an issue.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

vvv

I bit all the way through my tongue after receiving a PM here from another member this afternoon, then after my newest response about two minutes ago and came back and tempered it down to the response below just so there would be no need to delete my post or this thread.

Jon, surely if there was an issue with the control scripts, this problem would appear for everyone, and not just one user...

Based on a PM I received here this afternoon, how strong will you stand behind that statement (just one user)?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well, if there's another user with the same issue, why pm you and not come on out and just say so, right here, right now?

Makes no sense.

Honestly, so far, in 4 years, you're the only one we KNOW about.

That strong enough? (I'm not trying to be glib... Merely responding to your question)

I have the same software/OS as you. I will take the 310 up and let it fly from day to night (following your method) and we will see.

As well, unless it's not happening with other liveries... It's not that.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Colin,

Sent you a PM.

In regard to flying away from the sun.  Thinking this through, I am not sure that is a controlling condition.  When flying away from the sun with the speed of this aircraft model it still takes considerable time to go from daylight to dusk to darkness.  Flying west instead, with the sun, would require considerably more time to phase through that sequence into darkness.  That may be the reason why I have not experienced the issue traveling with the sun. 

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Maybe.  Not sure.

Either way, I will try it.

(i have responded to your pm)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I did a flight lasting 2.5 hours travelling east.  No weirdness...