Sign in to follow this  
m0nkz0r

Prepar3d ATC alternatives?

What do you guys use as an ATC replacement? I've used default ATC on FSX and P3D forever now, and I'm ready to try something better. I've looked at VoxATC, Radar Contact, and PRO-ATC/x but I don't know what ATC replacement is best for P3D? What do you guys like the best?

I would recommend Vox ATC as it is the most advanced to date and it supports Prepar3d platform.You should search the forum instead of creating repetitive topics.It's not that hard to think for yourself it all depends what do you want it for VFR or IFR flights.But if you're a beginner and you mostly use GA airplanes for flying then Vox is best suited for you.

Vox Atc hands down, I ve used all 3 that you mention. Pro Atc is not a finished product, and the supposed update is now over a year in coming, so stay away for now. RC is good, but lacks a few features like sid/star assignment and is no longer in development. I really like vox atc, it s P3d compatible, and has lots of features, and works great with ai, including my traffic 3d.

You should search the forum instead of creating repetitive topics.It's not that hard to think for yourself it all depends what do you want it for VFR or IFR flights.

That was quite rude. I do know how to search the forum, and think for myself, and I did both. I did not find a recent post that answered my specific question. I am also more of a newby than most of the people on this forum, so I thought I would ask since there are people with more flight sim experience than me here. 

I really appreciate the answer, however, and I am going to try Vox.

I highly recommend PilotEdge.  http://www.pilotedge.net

It's a paid service with live controllers using real world procedures and frequencies.  They offer a free trial period.

I've been a subscriber to their service for about 2 years now, and can't say enough good things about it!

Gavin

Don't buy Pro-ATC/X, it's definitely not worth 50€ at it's current state. Beside that, a working in future versions of P3D isn't guaranteed and the developer is not directly communicating with customers.

Sebi

Regards, Sebastian

PFE has just been updated to v.2.15 and works with P3d

I'm not familiar with this one. 

Would it be a good choice for someone like me who mostly flies small GA?

How is it better than the default ATC (in regards to use with small GA)?

Do you have a link to any review of v.2.15 or to the software?

Thanks!

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

@Arwen: The advantage with PFE is that you have more voices and is better if you fly in Europe because of the many accents it has.

You should search the forum instead of creating repetitive topics.It's not that hard to think for yourself

Can't you just help someone without trying to be insulting?  How about, "Welcome to AVSIM, let me show you some great features of AVSIM that may help you answer some of your questions." By the way, the search function doesn't always give you comprehensive results. There have been many times I have used it, been disappointed, then happen across a thread that never came up in my search. It blows my mind why people have to be so rude to folks who just are asking for help. That's what these forums are for. Plus, his question is a legitimate one being these programs are not inexpensive. 

To the OP: RC4 is a good, solid ATC add-on. It's somewhat outdated as some of the real world terminology has changed over the past few years (e.g. in the US, the instruction to  "line up and wait" has replaced "taxi into position and hold," which is still used in RC4), but I think it handles fights solidly overall.  The developer also has discontinued development of a new version for personal reasons but support here at AVSIM is still active. You can also get an enhanced voice package by Meatwater in the library (which you can access from the front page of AVSIM). Lastly, RC4 gives you the choice of integrating real world recordings of ATC in the background if you want that sort of thing. I just listen to my airport of interest on LiveATC, which I have going in the background. Welcome to AVSIM and enjoy P3D! It's a great sim.

Todd

@Arwen: The advantage with PFE is that you have more voices and is better if you fly in Europe because of the many accents it has.

Hi Alex - so just to confirm, PFE can be used like the default ATC (e.g. without requiring setup of a flightplan each time)? If that's the case, that's the simple solution I've been hunting for...

@ twarell: I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude..It's just that I see so many topics like 'where is your 777 now?' that have nothing to do with support and distract us from people like m0kn0r that really need our help.So I apologize again because I thought he was one of those 'kids' that have nothing to do with their lives and dream about how great their NGX is.

Does VoxATC *require* the use of voice commands, or does it have a menu option? I know that sounds silly, given that voice recognition is its main selling point, but my family will probably think I'm weird talking to my PC all the time :). I have searched for this, but couldn't find an answer.

Does VoxATC *require* the use of voice commands, or does it have a menu option? I know that sounds silly, given that voice recognition is its main selling point, but my family will probably think I'm weird talking to my PC all the time :). I have searched for this, but couldn't find an answer.

Not necessary.You also have the option of giving comms to the co-pilot from the very beginning and let him get the clearance and the taxi instructions all the way to the end of the flight.So you don't have to speak all the time there is some flexibility:)