Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

p3dv2.2 aerosoft axe or majestic q400

I have p3dv2.2 running with asn, all usa orbx regions ( native p3d installers ) fsglobal etc, all to satisfaction. Again no migration tool needed for these products. But I can't wait anymore before the producers for tubeliners come with native installers. Actually I don't understand, because the first will have lots of sells for p3dv2 I think.

now I am looking at the Majestic q400 and the airbus extended from aerosoft, how are they installing in p3d? do I need the migration tool in legacy mode?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

The Majestic Q400 will install and work great without any migration.

I've installed the Aerosoft AXE without the migration tool (P3D installation option provided), but haven't had time to take her for a spin yet...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

The Majestic Q400 will install and work great without any migration.

I've installed the Aerosoft AXE without the migration tool (P3D installation option provided), but haven't had time to take her for a spin yet...

thanks Philip, you mean you can point during installation of the q400, directly to P3dv2.2?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

I installed the AXE without difficulties using EMT, without running in legacy mode.

The only problem I have found is that it doesn't remember the startup state set through the right MDCU: it will always start with engines on, and you have to explicitly select another state (eg cold & dark or turnaround).  And sometimes you need to hit the load state button a couple of times to properly take effect.  Everything else seems to work fine, although I haven't used all the MDCU features (eg alternative flight plans).

They both work fine in P3D2. Loge pointed out the only "bug" of the AXE in P3D2. I have that problem, too. However, be aware that both will impact the performance of P3D2 more than a GA aircraft. Hence, the experience is not as smooth as with the small aircraft. But still very much enjoyable...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

thanks Philip, you mean you can point during installation of the q400, directly to P3dv2.2?

Yes, that's correct.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Yes, that's correct.

well that makes the choice a little easier. Think I will go for the q400.....

They both work fine in P3D2. Loge pointed out the only "bug" of the AXE in P3D2. I have that problem, too. However, be aware that both will impact the performance of P3D2 more than a GA aircraft. Hence, the experience is not as smooth as with the small aircraft. But still very much enjoyable...

thanks Carlo, installed the q400 and I am really happy, what a machine! One thing is the strobe ? anti collision light when looking at, they look very big massive white.....

I recently installed the q400 and it is really a nice aircraft for P3D.  Very good choice.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Both install and run great.  I have setup my system now so that all planes that load in Prepar3D and do not need Migrator to run, stay on that system.  The one that don't, well they stay on FSX.

thanks guys, installed the Q400 without a problem. Indeed you can point to your p3dv2 folder. Also bought TrackIr pro, and p3dv2 - KDEN/KIAD flightbeam - Q400 is marvelous.