Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D first flight in the Bonanza 36....

WOW!

My system is handling feature ramp-up's with no sweat.  I'm maintaining 30 FPS with most items at 70 percent...and folks were right...just the plain vanilla sim...has a seriously different atmospheric 'feel' to it...that IS NOT translated by any video...or screen grab. No sir!

You have to have it on your monitor...in real time.  I now can't wait to start loading in ORBX...and sleds....

It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong night...... :)

See ya...

Ok...here it is so far..

1.  My system specs are eating this thing.

2. My GTX 680 EVGA  Signature Super Clock is having no issues whatsoever with pumping out a continuous 30 FPS...up from the default 20.

I have pretty well, everything turned on...shadows...reflections, Scenery at Max...all sliders...etc...and still am getting 28-30 FPS.

Folks...for those sitting on the fence...if you have anything similar to my CPU and GPU configuration....you are going to do most excellent!

Let's talk about smoothness of animation.  Now..I LOVE my FSX as is...but...and honestly, it can't hold a candle to P3D. Nope...the animation is so smooth right down to 20...that you truly can shut off the FPS counter. It is now a distraction. I actually had all scenery sliders set to max (what ever they call Max...blah, blah) but had to turn it down ONLY because it looked too dense and crowded. Can you believe that??!?!?  I have all shadows enabled. I have all reflections enabled...and am pumping out 25-30 FPS, with no performance hits.  So..my i7-975 Extreme OC's to 4.1 GHz is either a monster....and the last of its kind, or any high performance system, can ABSOLUTELY handle 3PD 2.2 with all the 'goodies' turned on, and at their moderate, to high settings.  This has been my experience with a vanilla set up.  Also...the generic in-house autogen...looks (hmmmmmmmm....rather ORBX'ish) pretty darn good at the higher settings. In fact...I had to tone it down to Dense to look sort of R.W....so you will certainly get what you need...and I bet...with a good strong high-end system...you can migrate from FSX-------------.NO SWEAT!

Back to the Baron 58...and just snooping around, touch and go's...that sort of thing.  Once more I wish to comment upon the smooooooooooooooooooothness of the sim. Nothing to date, XPX, FSX (DX10 or 9) compares with this.  You can rip the page in the dictionary that refers to micro-stutters right out. You won 't need to remember the word...

LM...congratulations...I am now a convert.....

FSX will be shared with this new baby on the block....and THAT'S for sure!

Happy P3D Camper.....

Very pleased for you, I know just how you are feeling right now.

The future is looking very bright, We have a way forward now thanks to LM

Very pleased for you, I know just how you are feeling right now.

The future is looking very bright, We have a way forward now thanks to LM

Mad Dog...I simply don't understand some things as posted in this forum.  First off...I have a GTX 680, running the latest Beta driver, and I don't understand some of these posts whereby others have higher cards..and are having performance issues of this, or that?  WHY?!?!??

My experience (I'm ripping all over the place...Arizona, California, Europe...etc) has been nothing but stellar..and I already have ASN cooking up weather. So again...what is happening that is making other's have less of an experience...and yes...I have the sim generally running at 80 percent Max'ed out. I have most check-boxes as enabled. So...if my system is handling this all at 25-30 FPS...what gives with some of these 'frustrated with sim performance, and need help' posts?  That...I don't understand, P3D post-install.....shrugging shoulders, frankly.....

Mitch it was no different with FS9>FSX

Back then folks threw every FS9 addon they owned into FSX and got poor results.

Its the same now which is why I said "one addon at a time and test well" Some stuff runs well, some not so well and we will not see the best of P3D till the native addons appear and not just updated installers.

It is FS9 > FSX all over again with Devs claiming P3D compatability when in reality all they have done is changed the paths in the installer.

Mitch it was no different with FS9>FSX

Back then folks threw every FS9 addon they owned into FSX and got poor results.

Its the same now which is why I said "one addon at a time and test well" Some stuff runs well, some not so well and we will not see the best of P3D till the native addons appear and not just updated installers.

It is FS9 > FSX all over again with Devs claiming P3D compatability when in reality all they have done is changed the paths in the installer.

I see.  I have to tell you..that I read prior to deciding to jump in...that there is no true correlation between settings for graphic output as P3D vs FSX.  Most, and absolutely true. I am actually (I still am shaking my head on this....lol) scaling back vegetation from Max...shadows from Max...and so on...as the higher settings are sort of over-the-top. You can get great, simply great graphic and visual output from v2.2 at even medium/moderate settings...wow...I would NEVER have guessed this would have been my experience. Scaling back...what A LAUGH!  Another thing...the stock graphic textures are NO DOGS!  They are superior to GEX, and approaching FSX-G territory....I am flying around the mountains near Phoenix at the moment...and am simply blown away by the sheer quality of this simulator.  Graphics, features, output.......H.S.!   

I would have been a sheer idiot to have waited for vaporware...in 64 bit.   I have to say..that this 32 bit program is running STELLAR, with all the features and their settings i wish to have...right this moment, right this day.  FSX fence sitters...GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!   You are missing out, on a fabulous flight simulating experience. I was...not any more...but YOU STILL ARE. Buy it...install it...and the smiles will come, gangbusters!  Wow.....

Some screenshots would be nice

Rich Sennett

Some screenshots would be nice

They're worthless....

You need to buy in...and start flying on your own system.  The atmospherics can't be captured, nor the incredible smoothness. Richard, there are no more micro-stutters.....they are gone.

Got yah but not yet as to many addons that are not P3D install ready - more fussing which I am really getting sick of doing - its getting old

Rich Sennett

Are you basing your findings on just Vanilla everything except the baron?

ZORAN

I would assume yes but luv his enthusiasm.

Rich Sennett

Mitch,

That 1st look out the cockpit you realize there is something different. Keep going.

Bob

Got yah but not yet as to many addons that are not P3D install ready - more fussing which I am really getting sick of doing - its getting old

My gawd, Richard...I wish you could be looking over my shoulder....you would end the wait.

I am in the process of re-downloading some ORBX goodies...Global, Northern California, (I just bought Vector, as I can't use UTX (legally...that is, and I am the 'good lad'.)

There is SO MUCH to do and play with in sleds that come with the sim.  You even have Carenado already ported over, etc.  

I have to tell you though...that, THAT is not the reason I would give to have my fellow FSX'ers come over to the dark side.  No...it's NOT what you can port over...or use-to-date. It is the P3D itself!  Performance, like there is no tomorrow!!!  I did not go out and buy another vid card. Nope...the GTX 680 2 GB is pumping out the sugar...just fine. I had the sim blasted full open..and still got 22-30 FPS depending on what I was doing..or where, etc. As stated in other threads...I did not end up staying with a full-open sim...for you do not need to. You can scale P3D to medium everything...and still have eye-candy and hard-core features doing their thing, to make you smile all the way up to FL410.  Richard...you are missing out, to where it's almost a crime that you are. This journey I took today...is all about the simulator...and not what I can, or can not install from my FSX war-chest at this time. I am in the process of porting over, but I am in a position, to advise others, that you will immediately see pay-out for your purchase...and again...is NOT incumbent upon what developer has, or has not ported over.  P3D is a true....again...a TRUE evolution of the original vision and coding.  It WORKS!   Don't miss out....and soon, Vector will be downloaded and I will have decent roadways and such as in my UTX-FSX!  Can't wait...and having the time of my life, tonight.....Life is good....It sure is....

Cheers,

Mitch 

Mitch,

That 1st look out the cockpit you realize there is something different. Keep going.

Bob

Bob...it's Christmas in May....and this little kid is rubbing his hands at the LM Christmas tree.... :)

Wow...look at this feature...look at that feature...the fog...wow...haze...wow....ripping up almost vertical, in the R22....wow....

I just installed my REX 4 Directs prefs as per FSX tastes...and that is now taken care of.....

And on...and on....all through tonight....and into the wee hours....coffee at the ready....

Mitch you have me thinking now but not sure of the unknown - if I buy academic version can you upgrade for 199$ version and apply the original investment ? - wish I was looking over your shoulder because I have just about had it with fsx - what mesh are you using with vector - I have all the fsgenesis and not going to buy vector unless it works together - maybe bugging you on this buddy - sounding very interesting.

Rich Sennett

And on...and on....all through tonight....and into the wee hours....coffee at the ready....

Mitch, you crack me up Bud! Maybe you need another cup of coffee LOL Keep going and please get some sleep.

Get the ORBX installed and see what you got.

Bob

Edited by n4gix
Removed excess quoted material.