Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Carenado new project: PA34 Seneca V

They just posted a new album of this upcoming aircraft on Facebook. I was surprised to see they're not making another bizjet and instead going back to their roots by making a sequel to their older PA34 Seneca II. Hopefully it won't have a glass cockpit.

Seneca... meh.

As for bizjets, they are making a Hawker 850XP aren't they?

I'm honestly more attuned to what Alabeo is producing nowadays.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Definitely added to my "Must Buy" list. And I too hope there will be a steam gauge option available.

Keith Guillory

The Seneca will be a nice choice.  At least they are going back to simpler piston GAs.  I will buy if they do a steam/RXP combo.   I would be hesitant if it was another G1000 only project.  Hopefully Bernt Stolle will do the FDE, as any good FSX twin should have reasonably realistic engine out qualities.

Cheers

TJ

The Seneca will be a nice choice.  At least they are going back to simpler piston GAs.  I will buy if they do a steam/RXP combo.   I would be hesitant if it was another G1000 only project.  Hopefully Bernt Stolle will do the FDE, as any good FSX twin should have reasonably realistic engine out qualities.

Cheers

TJ

You said it perfectly. I can't understand why they insist on using their sub-par G1000 when their old steam/RXP combo worked so well. No use in trying to compete with Flight1 in the avionics departement, they're vastly superior in every way.

Also, why release with rubbish FDE models when they know perfectly well who can fix them before the release instead of the ususal outcry and complaining and only then release a proper FDE. It's an extremely silly procedure, and it's been done so many times now that one would've thought that the guy(s) on top could get it right in one this time. Sheesh.

I think Carenado needs to get back to what used to do better than anybody else; Beautiful looking GA aircraft with basic steam avionics (hopefully RXP, Simflyer and Mindstar integration ready) and amazing Stolle flight models. Skip the rubbish 1.0 version and everybody will be happier. I wonder what's been going on backstage with their "Alabeo" range taking over that part and some head-in-the-sand type of "let's slap a light G1000-ish thing into a bizjet and see if it sells" business model.

I'll get off my soapbox now.  :smile:

"let's slap a light G1000-ish thing into a bizjet and see if it sells" business model.

Unfortunately this business model does sell. The Phenom 100 is their best-selling aircraft to date.

Unfortunately this business model does sell. The Phenom 100 is their best-selling aircraft to date.

Good for them, but the avionics are still rubbish. Hope the FDE is OK at least.

I'm honestly more attuned to what Alabeo is producing nowadays.

In case you didn't hear, they just announced a DA40. May not be your kind of plane, but already looks really good.

Carenado posted an album with the "first flights" of the Seneca V. Evidently it's very early in development.

The good news? It will probably have steam gauges. Look at the comments section in the third photo.

Also, notice how they seem to have completely ditched the "Next Generation" branding after using it once in a Hawker 850XP album.

Interior photos of the Seneca V were posted a few hours ago. That doesn't look like a G1000, but can anyone confirm?

It looks like a Garmin G600 from what I saw I'm going to get it when it comes out

Interior photos of the Seneca V were posted a few hours ago. That doesn't look like a G1000, but can anyone confirm?

Hard to tell for sure, but this looks like it's the Garmin G600 coupled with a 430 and 530 (and hopefully RXP integration).  This was the avionics package offered in the Seneca prior to the G1000.  If so, this should work fairly well, as it's similar to what they did with the JetProp and G500.  Basically in this configuration the RXP's do the heavy lifting, and the G600 doesn't need to do much other than look good.

Scott

I don't think so, though the 500 in the JetProp is effectively the same as the 600 (that is, considering the fairly superficial implementation), and I have no complaints about the performance there when used in conjunction with an RXP 430 and 530.  Can't speak for how it performs with the default GPS's.  The G600 at its heart is simply a set of displays with various display modes which get fed by the separate GPS/Nav units.

Scott

I hope it works better than the glass in the Jetprop which, for me, was CTD city.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM