Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Carenado new project: PA34 Seneca V

New pics up at Carenado showing avionics.  It does indeed look like the G600 with a pair of GNS430s.

I will take delivery of it at this year's EAA Airventure Airshow and fly it all the way back to Calhoun should be a short flight at 7000 feet 190ktas true 25/24 leaned to 14GPH per side TIT 1460

They've posted a few more pictures at Facebbok.

The release should be in the coming days.

Yes, looks like we're really close now.

I've got to say I'm surprised the Seneca V went ahead the Hawker and the PC12. I hope it's not another rushed effort.

It seems like it to me but time will only tell if it is a rushed effort

It seems like it to me but time will only tell if it is a rushed effort

I flew to Vero Beach, FL (Piper Factory) ready to pick it up lol.

It is no longer on the 'incoming' page, so release should be imminent.  Usually I am not overly excited about Carenado releases, I usually wait until they have been out for a little bit, but for some reason I am eager for this Seneca. 

I imagine the Seneca went ahead of the other projects because a GA piston is easier to do than a turboprop or a jet.  They can recycle some gauges and systems from other planes.

Cheers

TJ

Did I miss something?......$100.00????

Thats just to keep people from buying it until its released kinda like PMDG having the 777 on their site for $190,000,000.  Carenado did this with the Phenom but it was 10K

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thats just to keep people from buying it until its released kinda like PMDG having the 777 on their site for $190,000,000.  Carenado did this with the Phenom but it was 10K

Was wondering?....Thought maybe it was that FSX/P3D thing gone wild!

I am loving this aircraft but the TIT never exceed is wrong it should be 1650 not 1450 the oxygen is also wrong it says oxygen ON when pushed in Oxygen Off pulled out when it should be pulled out for on and in for off

I can wait for the public beta team to finish testing... and I thank each and everyone of you for your fine work.

On a side note... thumbing through this thread... steam/glass, yada, yada, yada... Same old stuff.  Tip of the hat for putting what's supposed to be in the plane to Carenado... which means this Seneca V is pre 2013, which is when the G1000 was finally put in.

It's a nice plane in RL, but like most Pipers, it can't really haul more then 3 people + stuff. It has allot of plastic in it like modern cars do these days, and can come across as kind

of cheap... But, The G600 Seneca's had the best laid out panel I've ever seen... The gauge faces, the panel color, the placement of stuff really pops.

Kind of funny the Seneca's poor full fuel payload considering Cherokees have traditionally had pretty good useful loads.  The Cherokee 235 can haul 4 170lb people, 200lb bags plus full fuel and still have room to spare.  Twins never really have more useful load then their single counterparts because twins have to haul around the extra fuel and engine.

Tip of the hat for putting what's supposed to be in the plane to Carenado... which means this Seneca V is pre 2013, which is when the G1000 was finally put in.

Actually, the V could have been correctly modeled with G1000, G600 or analog.  The G600 didn't appear until, I believe, 2008, while the V has been in production since 1997, when it was originally delivered with analog gauges and Bendix-King avionics.

Note - I'm fine with the G600 since it can integrate with RXP's 430, making it a credible and capable sim package.  Just pointing out that it could have also been done analog and still be perfectly correct.  Though I personally would've preferred they'd done what they did with the Mirage (also a perfectly correct configuration), I'm just thankful it wasn't another crippled G1000 that can't even be used to fly a modern WAAS approach.

It isn't "Glass" I dislike, it's "Glass" that gives less capability when in real life it's exactly the opposite.

Scott