Sign in to follow this  
16wiebeke

Radar contact 4 with other add-ons?

To start off, I'd like to apologize for all my threads lately, its just that I have so many questions and can't seem to find the answers.

Okay, I'd like to buy Airbus x extended. I know that this plane can handle SID/STARS in the flight plan, and I know you have to have radar contact 4 or something along those lines to be able to fly these procedures with atc. My question is if you have RC4 does it come with a flight planner to be able to set the sid/star's in your flight plan or do you need something like flight commander to be able to do these procedures with RC4.

If you do need Flight commander or some other fs flight planner, how do you put these flight plans onto FSX? Do make it on Flight Commander than open it on RC4 than export it onto FSX?   

Or can you make these plans on RC4?

One more thing, Is Ultimate Traffic 2 compatible with RC4 (As in will the ATC actually guide these planes properly with SID/STARS or are there some bugs when using both of these programs?)

Thanks,

Kevin

I don't know anything about RC4, since I fly online only, but I do know that you do not need to apologize for making forum threads. Making topics and discussing them is the whole purpose of internet forums.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

RC 4 is an atc program without a planner

You can create a plan within FSX itself or a flightplanner like flightsim commander (which i use), fsbuild etc

To open a plan in RC4 just start RC4, click fs200x flight plan and point to: startbutton, documents\flightsimulator x files.

To fly a sid i choose a waypoint within 30nm from the airport and for a star a waypoint within 40nm from destination airport (and there request an iap)

John

John Cramer

Thanks that helped. Do you think flight flight sim commander is worth it?

And If you have flight plan in fs commander do you have to bring it into rc4 before flying it?

....flight sim commander is worth it?-----YES

....do you have to bring it into rc4 before flying it?----There is an option to save FSC flt pln directly into RC4; RC4 will not run unless FSX is running

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE