Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

BayTower RV7

I just noticed while browsing their site (to make sure it's still operational when I format my FSX drive for downloading) and I noticed the price of the RV7 has dropped quite a bit.

He's asking only 25 USD now for the plane - I'd highly recommend it at that price!

Very very good RV - the best for FSX out of the two other offerings - RXP 530W integration if you have it.  Superb flight modelling as well.  Minimal FPS impact.

http://www.baytower.ca/bts_downloads.htm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Didn't find any pictures (I am mainly interested in cockpit pictures as that is what I mostly see while flying) on their sales page ^_^

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Here's a nice vid...

I don't own the RV-7...it's on my list but I'm not buying airplanes.  I've always heard great things about it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for the heads up. I think it's about time the price was reduced... I wanted to buy it, but 50$ was asking way too much when you got similar if not better aircraft packages from Alabeo.

Thanks for the heads up. I think it's about time the price was reduced... I wanted to buy it, but 50$ was asking way too much when you got similar if not better aircraft packages from Alabeo.

Really... maybe you should stick with Alabeo, if that is your assessment.. ^_^

I happen to think that the Baytower plane is in a different league altogether.

This is an enthusiast airplane, made by an enthusiast developer, unlike some

mass market airplanes I have flown..

One of my favorite FSX aircraft - I fly it often.

Bert

Really... maybe you should stick with Alabeo, if that is your assessment.. ^_^

I happen to think that the Baytower plane is in a different league altogether.

I can agree that the Vans RV-7 aircraft seems like a lot more fun than anything on Alabeo's lineup, but I do not agree that Baytower's model is better than what Alabeo offers at $20-$23. I think they're about the same quality-wise and at $50 the RV-7 seems overpriced in comparison but at the current price I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who likes general aviation.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

The RV is a fantastic airplane, still one of my favorites despite lacking a few goodies from newer releases.  Systems wise it is deeper than Alabeo but a little less than RealAir (post-Legacy).  By default, RV comes with one of the better non-RXP GNS530's, tho RXP fits very nicely.  RXP WAAS works fine.  The RV works very well with Accu-Feel.  Lots of good repaints have been done, and you still might be able to convince Ron to paint one for you B)

For the plane itself, it is a little Swiss army knife, it does everything.  Speedy IFR/VFR X-country, STOL, Aerobatic with great visibility from the cockpit.  I have knifed around small canyons, landed on short back country strips and flown over the Himalayas on a RTW trip.   The RV-7 is also light on fuel burn, and a very efficient airplane overall, thus why it is a popular kitplane in real life.  It provides builders/pilots with a good bang for the buck....not that it matters in FS LOL.

One downside is that it's creator Danny Maher has been away for awhile.  Last I heard he moved across Canada and was looking for work, this was a few years ago.  Perhaps when his life is settled again he will return and be able to address any updates.  The RV doesn't need many, but there are a few small bugs here and there.

For those on the fence, the RV is on the Flight1 wrapper, try it out then return it if it isn't for you.

Cheers

TJ

Agree everything said except:

and you still might be able to convince Ron to paint one for you B)

I've done enough already. Plus loads of great paints by other painters. The world is your lobster, paint wise. ^_^

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lol,

If eye candy is your thing, sticking with alabeo / carenado is the best option.

If you are looking for something with a little more "meat on the bone" then packages like this one are the way to go.

If eye candy is your thing, sticking with alabeo / carenado is the best option.

Well, it is actually, although I wouldn't consider Carenado's stuff eye-candy.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Well, it is actually, although I wouldn't consider Carenado's stuff eye-candy.

For the most part, I would!

I agree Ryan, a really very exciting aircraft, one of my faves.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

For the most part, I would!

Depends on your definition of "eye-candy". Is it something that looks good or something that only looks good? To me most Carenado planes doesn't qualify either way.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I will be more specific then.

Carenado aircraft look good but are usually let down significantly when it comes to flight modelling and functionality.

The only Carenado planes that are any good are usually the ones where Bernt Stolle has redone the FDE.