Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

How to find the:Prepar3D.cfg file?!?

Try:

C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks for this!  

Brian, I am trying to port over My Traffic X Professional.   It installed no problem in to v2.2, but the last step where you have to use the communicator to add and then save...of course then says that you already have (FSX) the add on installed.  I imagine you have to add manual lines into v2.2  That's what I need help with...and thanks!

Mitch

Post Edit:  Just had to move two lines from my FSX.cfg file over to the P3d.cfg file.  Now....My Traffic X Professional is pumping out A.I. goodness!

Life is good....

I do not believe that MyTraffic is yet approved for v2.2. Having said that the only way I know of to overcome this problem is to open Notepad and save it blank to the P3D v2.2 folder as "fsx.exe". Worked for me.

Mac

I do not believe that MyTraffic is yet approved for v2.2. Having said that the only way I know of to overcome this problem is to open Notepad and save it blank to the P3D v2.2 folder as "fsx.exe". Worked for me.

Mac

Mac...you can add it to the list....

I had to manually copy and paste two lines from my FSX.cfg to the P3D.cfg, and then went into Scenery Lib...to 'add' the MyTraffic Pro folder.  After that...P3D is full of traffic...and ATC control.

Mitch

Two ways to the same destination I think, Mitch?

Mac

Two ways to the same destination I think, Mitch?

Mac

Perhaps!  I'll have to remember your solution, for the future. 

Cheers!

On 5/10/2014 at 2:34 AM, Brian Doney said:

Try:

C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg

Does this still apply if the Installation is NOT on the C: drive

51 minutes ago, gramaticus said:

Does this still apply if the Installation is NOT on the C : drive

Yes

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

On 5/9/2014 at 6:40 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

I am trying to port over My Traffic X Professional.

But why on earth why?

Lol. All kidding aside, there really isn't much to it. Mytraffic is just a traffic.bgl and can simply be added like any other scenery.

You would also need to make an entry in the simobjects.cfg in the program data folder pointing to the MyTraffic aircraft folder. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

34 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

But why on earth why?

Lol. All kidding aside, there really isn't much to it. Mytraffic is just a traffic.bgl and can simply be added like any other scenery.

You would also need to make an entry in the simobjects.cfg in the program data folder pointing to the MyTraffic aircraft folder. 

Hopefully he's figured it out since posting that nearly five years ago...  😉

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Hopefully he's figured it out since posting that nearly five years ago...  😉

Bahaha, didn't even notice the date! The joys of old eyes and browsing the forums on my phone. Lol

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS