Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

How to find the:Prepar3D.cfg file?!?

Try:

C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks for this!  

Brian, I am trying to port over My Traffic X Professional.   It installed no problem in to v2.2, but the last step where you have to use the communicator to add and then save...of course then says that you already have (FSX) the add on installed.  I imagine you have to add manual lines into v2.2  That's what I need help with...and thanks!

Mitch

Post Edit:  Just had to move two lines from my FSX.cfg file over to the P3d.cfg file.  Now....My Traffic X Professional is pumping out A.I. goodness!

Life is good....

I do not believe that MyTraffic is yet approved for v2.2. Having said that the only way I know of to overcome this problem is to open Notepad and save it blank to the P3D v2.2 folder as "fsx.exe". Worked for me.

Mac

Cheers, Mac

I do not believe that MyTraffic is yet approved for v2.2. Having said that the only way I know of to overcome this problem is to open Notepad and save it blank to the P3D v2.2 folder as "fsx.exe". Worked for me.

Mac

Mac...you can add it to the list....

I had to manually copy and paste two lines from my FSX.cfg to the P3D.cfg, and then went into Scenery Lib...to 'add' the MyTraffic Pro folder.  After that...P3D is full of traffic...and ATC control.

Mitch

Two ways to the same destination I think, Mitch?

Mac

Cheers, Mac

Two ways to the same destination I think, Mitch?

Mac

Perhaps!  I'll have to remember your solution, for the future. 

Cheers!

On 5/10/2014 at 2:34 AM, Brian Doney said:

Try:

C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg

Does this still apply if the Installation is NOT on the C: drive

51 minutes ago, gramaticus said:

Does this still apply if the Installation is NOT on the C : drive

Yes

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

On 5/9/2014 at 6:40 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

I am trying to port over My Traffic X Professional.

But why on earth why?

Lol. All kidding aside, there really isn't much to it. Mytraffic is just a traffic.bgl and can simply be added like any other scenery.

You would also need to make an entry in the simobjects.cfg in the program data folder pointing to the MyTraffic aircraft folder. 

Dave Hazell

i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V4.5

34 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

But why on earth why?

Lol. All kidding aside, there really isn't much to it. Mytraffic is just a traffic.bgl and can simply be added like any other scenery.

You would also need to make an entry in the simobjects.cfg in the program data folder pointing to the MyTraffic aircraft folder. 

Hopefully he's figured it out since posting that nearly five years ago...  😉

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Hopefully he's figured it out since posting that nearly five years ago...  😉

Bahaha, didn't even notice the date! The joys of old eyes and browsing the forums on my phone. Lol

Dave Hazell

i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V4.5