Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Most accurate VC's in our community

Just thought I'd get a take on what people think are the most accurate representations VC wise of aircraft they simulate.

The tops on my list are:

PMDG's 744

Ifly's 737

All Carenado Aircraft

PMDG's 777

Many would say PMDG's 737 but those windows are way too large in a inaccurate way as DreamFleet's 727 was to Captainsim's work.  Captainsim did a great job with their 757/767 but the main panel looked odd compared to the accurate way Quality Wings did theirs (but Quality Wings side windows are wrong as the actual cockpit is more rounded along the side windows like Captainsim's version depicts.

Just wondering what others favorites are... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

For me, it is less about how exactly accurate the Vc and more about the immersion factor. My top ones are:

1. PMDG NGX
  2. Majestic Q400
  3. Carenado Cessna 337
  4. Airbus x Extended

A couple more come to mind:

CLS's 742

PMDG's MD11 (the FSX version was more complete visually than the FS9 version but since you mention immersion the MD11 had it on both platforms)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Mine  is 

1  majestic q400

2  js4100

3 ngx

4 t7

5  flight 1 b200

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Anything from A2A with the P-51 being my favorite.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

What a great idea for a topic!

I'm with Ryan L. regarding immersion factor vs. perfect accuracy; I highly value aircraft where I can be 'fooled' into forgetting that it's a 24" monitor sitting in front of me, where I feel like I'm inside the sim, so to speak.  As such, things don't have to 'absolutely' perfect as long as they're reasonable good and don't break immersion. But with that in mind, the most accurate, yet highly immersive add-ons I have are:

- VRS Superbug X (Haven't had it for long, but far and away the most immersive thing I've ever flown)

- MJC Q400

- Carenado F33A

- Carenado C185 (both this and the F33A have this aged feel that makes them feel extremely authentic to me)

- Milviz F86 (I've had the opportunity to sit in one which came after already owning the add-on, it was amazing how similar it felt)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I've only studied the accuracy of one VC - that of the A2A B-17. I compared it to the photos and diagrams contained in the Air Ministry's Pilot's Notes for the Fortress III ( the British designation for the B-17G ). As far as I can see, A2A got it absolutely right. At one point I thought I'd spotted an error; there were three switches on a box instead of two, but I was mistakenly looking at a photo of the Fortress II ( B-17F ). The A2A model was correct.

No doubt there are plenty of other accurate VCs ( other A2A aircraft, PMDG, Aerosoft, Carenado / Alabeo, Just Flight's Canberra PR9 etc ) but the Fort is the only one I've scrutinized closely. It's nothing less than a masterpiece.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

What criteria are we going by?  Real world accuracy?  Systems functionality?  Instrument legibility?  Material texture quality.  Night lighting quality...realistically dim..not just pretty.  Is the VC unique? 

Lots of great VCs mentioned above.  I would give a shout to Classics Hangar BF-108, that VC is a true work of art and scores excellent marks in all the above criteria.

I can't see tise list being complete unless you include the Flight1 GA aircraft Cessna Mustang and Beechcraft B200 KingAir.