Sign in to follow this  
Heroin

how many times one license can be activate?

I'm bought this awesome plane(PMDG777),too.but i want to activate on my home desktop and on my alienware,so can someone tell me what shall i do?thx alothow many times one license can be activated

One license can be activated on TWO different computers at the same time. If you want to activate on another computer, you must then deactivate one of the two licenses on the previous computers.

You only have one key so you can only use the PMDG777 on one system at the time.

If (and only if you do it this way)...If you deactivate your key, via the FMC, then you can activate it on a second computer.

But you can then not fly on your first computer.

If you then deactivate your key, via the FMC, on your second computer then you should be able to activate it again on your first computer.

So this way you should be able to keep switching back and forth between the two PCs.

I am not 100% sure though.

It is safe to try though, in worst case, if it does not work, you can still contact PMDG and they will help you out within 24 to 48hrs.

(What I do know for sure; even if you deactivate your keys via the FMC on both your computers, you can not instal the 777 on a third computer. Nor on the same computer with a new Windows installation. A new Windows installation is seen as a new PC! So, you can use the key on two computers (or twice if you reinstal Windows) but after that you need PMDG to reset your key)

One license can be activated on TWO different computers at the same time. If you want to activate on another computer, you must then deactivate one of the two licenses on the previous computers.

No that is not correct...it can not be activated on TWO computers at the same time. You bought one licence for one PC. But since they are nice guys at PMDG, they allow you to use your key on a second PC if you deactivate it on the first PC (via the FMC). But you can only have ONE active at the time! And you can not activate on another (a third) computer after that without PMDGs help!

Rob Robson

I thought so too, but found out the hard way that you can only use your key twice.

Maybe I did not look enough, but I did not find adequate info in the intro guide.

Rob Robson

I think the information is contained within  the EULA.

\Robert Hamlich/

It has been confirmed, repeatedly, that an owner may use his product on TWO computers, provided he is the only one who uses it on both computers. 

This was quoted as specifically (but not exclusively) allowing users to have one copy on their home simming machine and another in a laptop.

It has been confirmed, repeatedly, that an owner may use his product on TWO computers, provided he is the only one who uses it on both computers.

This was quoted as specifically (but not exclusively) allowing users to have one copy on their home simming machine and another in a laptop.

You mean at the same time.....as in having two laptops sitting side by side and having them both run the 777 at the same time?

If that is the case then I stand corrected, but can you give us/the OP the link to that confirmation then?

I think the information is contained within the EULA.

Yep, you are right, found it in the FSX/PMDG folder.

The software maybe installed on a second computer but may only be used on one computer AT A TIME.(not screaming here, just highlighting).

So NOT on two computers!

Rob Robson

Yep, you are right, found it in the FSX/PMDG folder.

The software maybe installed on a second computer but may only be used on one computer AT A TIME.(not screaming here, just highlighting).

So NOT on two computers!

Since when does USED on one at a time mean the same as ACTIVATED on one at a time?

I can assure you you can have the product activated on TWO computers AT THE SAME TIME.

Since when does USED on one at a time mean the same as ACTIVATED on one at a time?

I can assure you you can have the product activated on TWO computers AT THE SAME TIME.

Well sory dude......English is not my native language but I like to think I am pretty good at it.

And yet I interpreted it as the same thing.....but looks like I am wrong then.

Imagine how others with even less English knowledge struggle to interpret the following sentence correctly, From the EULA:

"you may use the software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from PMDG"

Huh? you are allowed, but not without permission.....so you are not allowed then, untill you asked for permission....or what??

And that EULA sentence is all we have at the moment because although requested, you did not provided us with a link to those repeated confirmations by PMDG.

Should be a sticky if you ask me!

And if I re-read that sentence, then I am still the opinion that what you are doing is not allowed unless you contacted PMDG for that second license.

To me that "used" still means that you are not allowed to have two PCs sitting side by side both running the PMDG (both flying) at the same time.

The problem is that the word "activated" is not mentioned in the EULA.

Only the words "installed" and "used" are used.

You can not USE it unless it is ACTIVATED, so sounded like same same to me.

I dont have two computers with FSX installed so I cant check if it works or not.

Will have to take your word for it.

Anyway untill you give us that PMDG confirmation link, I guess all I can say to the OP then is:

I'm bought this awesome plane(PMDG777),too.but i want to activate on my home desktop and on my alienware,so can someone tell me what shall i do?thx alothow many times one license can be activated

Just go ahead and install the PMDG on your second computer, FABO sais it works just fine.

Rob Robson

"you may use the software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from PMDG"

I wonder if PMDG would sell another license or is it just a matter of contacting them and asking for one?  Now that I think of it they do charge $5 redownload fee so there would be a charge for a second license, but how much?

\Robert Hamlich/

I have just de registered the 777 because of gear issues and re installed. When I selected de activate in the CDU, a box came up to inform me that I may now re install the T7 on this computer or on another.

I interpret that as one install only. Not on 2 computers at the same time. I am going to agree with Rob, as I believe his interpretation is correct.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.