Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

Possibility to improve FPS

I hear that their B1900 is about the same performance wise also.

I don't think so, the B1900D performs just as terribly as their other aircraft. The Phenom 100 has real coding issues and performance can keep degrading over time.

seems quite a few new paywares are not performing well lately, not only carenado's

but are "looking" great.....

picture perfect, but almost  a "still" picture

seems quite a few new paywares are not performing well lately, not only carenado's

I have noticed this as well, but I don't know if its because they are poorly written or just steadily demanding more and more system resources. I have several recent Carenado airplanes and I just don't get the feeling they are optimized for performance. The B1900 runs surprisingly bad on my system, while the PMDG 777 runs better even though its much more complex.

I have just bought this plane and was prepared for problems as these beautifull Carenado planes seem to be very demanding on systems.

Luckily I started with flights around the Tongass Fjiords and with the Autogen slider down one notch after a FSX crash it flew beautifully.

I then moved to Orbyx Pacific Fjiords etc with the accosiated airports that I enjoy flying about.

I haven't got a flight completed yet! settings lowered to minimums everywhere! I continue to work at it. Needless to say my Cessna Citation Mustang buzzes about quite happily

Intel i5 3570K over locked to 4.5 GHz

8GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3(2-4GB sticks)

Nvidia GTX 660 2048MB Graphics Card

1000GB Hard Disk

Win 7 Home Premium 64

I am still testing but I found something interesting. When I first loaded I got terrible fps. Similar to what others were describing. I then did a complete uninstall as the Phenom was unflyable. Then I did a file and registry clean using CCleaner. This removes all temp files and fixes registry issues. Anyway, then I went to fly the TBM850 (carenado). I noticed the static elements were missing. I had to reinstall the TBM to get it set back to normal. This got me thinking if the 2 products were interfering with each other.

So I uninstalled the TBM and then installed the Phenom and shezam! The Phenom flew wonderful. No stutters or fps coming to a halt.

I then reinstalled the TBM to see if all is still well. I have not tested this yet. But I may or may not be onto something. It could have just been a bad install. I hope those having issues find this helpful. I plan to share these thoughts with carenado.

Best of luck.

Kevin

I am still testing but I found something interesting. When I first loaded I got terrible fps. Similar to what others were describing. I then did a complete uninstall as the Phenom was unflyable. Then I did a file and registry clean using CCleaner. This removes all temp files and fixes registry issues. Anyway, then I went to fly the TBM850 (carenado). I noticed the static elements were missing. I had to reinstall the TBM to get it set back to normal. This got me thinking if the 2 products were interfering with each other.

So I uninstalled the TBM and then installed the Phenom and shezam! The Phenom flew wonderful. No stutters or fps coming to a halt.

I then reinstalled the TBM to see if all is still well. I have not tested this yet. But I may or may not be onto something. It could have just been a bad install. I hope those having issues find this helpful. I plan to share these thoughts with carenado.

That's a very nice find! Hopefully Carenado will care and do something about this.

Hi all,

just needed to get this bird (SP1) allthough the majority was upset about the bad performance and stutters that show up even when sitting on ground like a duck without moving, that was no exception to me.

I have a rather old pc with an "old" quad 9550 and GTX 285.

I though seem to have managed to find a way to get my good FPS back, rather compareable to the TBM850! It seems to be the incorporated WX radar!

This is what you could try yourself:

1.) Go to your root FSX directory (not the Gauges-folder)

2.) Rename the files CMeteoXml.dll and CMeteoXml.dll.intermediate.manifest to CMeteoXml.dll.bak and CMeteoXml.dll.intermediate.manifest.bak

This removes the incorporated G1000 WX radar out of that aircraft!

3.) Restart your PC to ensure dll´s are offloaded correctly

4.) It also seems to help (in my case) to allways toggle full and windowed screen after choosing the Phenom out of the menu!

That´s it ... maybe worth a try and if you´re not satisfied you can allways switch bak by removing the "bak" extension off these two files again!

But as allways try at your own risk!

Happy flying and cheers!

Your tip helped..... is there anything else that can be removed to give better performance?

have the days come when they make fast productions, all eyecandy with no regards for performance, shortcuts for the quickbuck. No carenado for me anymore and they should watch themselves so they dont end up in the ditch. Bad rep is not good for business.

idk what is up with this phenom but in kmry northern California I get 23 down to 16 fps, not playable for me. as soon as I switch to the stock fsx Beechcraft or 747 the fps are locked at 30 so I know its this stupid plane. I got a gtx 660 and an I7 4790k, don't seem too make much difference though.