Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

CTD when I am selecting airways

Hey everyone. 

I just updated to the latest version and I've noticed a problem, wondering if anybody else has had this. 

I was getting a flight ready from KSEA to KBOI and when selecting an airway in the FMS I got booted to desktop. 

Thinking this was a random occurrence, I tried it again. Same thing happened. I noticed that it was when I tried to go to the 9th page of airways each time.  

I'll try a different flight and see if it goes better, but I wanted to see if this was a known issue.

Brian 

Nothing?

Not even a view huh?  Either that means it's a ridiculously common problem or.. I'm not sure..,

;)

Hi Jughed,

I haven't seen/heard of this problem before? Could you post your exact route, so I can give it a try?

regards, Craig.

Sure Craig, sorry for the delay, it was from KSEA to KBOI

KSEA SID BKE V4 HOVEL V444 PAYET V4 EMETT V444 NICPE DCT KBOI

Using FS2crew with the new updates. 

Thanks!

Okay, I just had a CTD (I've never had one before w/ the Majestic Q400) while trying to recreate what you did.

Here is what I did:

1. Load FSX (SP2)
  2. Load Q400 at KSEA (default runway, clear weather, etc.)
  3. Start FMS and wait for check, which is fine.
  4. Click FPL and enter KSEA in space 1, BKE in space 2 and click LIST.
  5. I was able to enter the V4 airway.
  6. I was looking for HOVEL by clicking NEXT and after about the 4th or 5th page, I got a CTD.

Looks like a contact to Majestic is in order: http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html

Best,

- Caleb

Hi Jughed,

I tested this last night, following the same steps as calebrw, with the same result. Using the stock navdata, scrolling to page 9 of the airways list, crashes the sim. I'm going to try it again with the updated navdata. Will post the results here.

regards, Craig

After updating the navdata, the airways list page 9 still causes a crash. I tested some of the other 'list' functions, (vor, ndb, intersection, airports) and I was able to scroll through all of those (up to 15) pages without one crash.

regards, Craig.

Ok  same  here  got to page  8  went  to try to get to page 9 ctd, 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i think there is something odd going on with the airway stuff, i haven't had a crash but i have noticed on a few occasions that the waypoints it lists for the airways are incorrect. there are several random waypoints sprinkled in the list with the real ones. adding them to the flightplan usually resulted in just the correct points being added, so i think it's some issue with the page that displays them while you select, which maybe is related to what you are seeing somehow..

regards

-andy crosby

Brian,

I am just checking in on this.....and was able to confirm the CTD using the default DB.  Will look into this and see what the culprit may be.

Thanks

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Default DB ...? - is this the data which is delivered with the A/C so to speak?

And if so: Does this CTD also appear to happen when using the latest Navigraph data for instance?

I have used both the default nav database and airac 0414, using q400 v10083, and v1009, with the same result. I'm led to believe it isn't the nav data per se.

Majestic will sort it out, rather quickly, I would think.

On the topic of bugs, has anyone encountered the 'Elevator Asymmetry' caution panel light?

regards, Craig

Edited by Jazzfan

I have used both the default nav database and airac 0414, using q400 v10083, and v1009, with the same result. I'm led to believe it isn't the nav data per se.

Majestic will sort it out, rather quickly, I would think.

On the topic of bugs, has anyone encountered the 'Elevator Asymmetry' caution panel light?

regards, Craig

Thank You very much for Your reply Craig!

Well then let's see what Majestioc will come up with regarding the "DB-crash-issue".

Cheers, Christoph