Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Runtime error R6025 faulting msvcr100.dll

I keep getting this runtime fault after flying for some time (more than an hour mostly).

Ive researched what can be wrong, and I have updated some of the things that are suggested:

- nvidia driver is up to date

- ms visual c++ is up to date (both x86 and 64bits) from 2005-2012

- simconnect client installed

What exactly does the msvcr100.dll do? I notice that the error pops up around the web in relations to various games. Many of the threads are suggesting that the settings are put too high for the hardware to cope. I have pretty modest settings and nothing put to max. No traffic enabled.

Im running a win7 64bits, gtx690 with 4gb vram, i7 3.1@4.1 and 12gb of ram.

I am running the FS Economy fsuipc client in the background along with ASN and FSCommander 9.5.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Strangely I too have started receiving this error today, but only when i exit the program. Never had it before and now 3 times today.

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

You could try deinstalling and reinstalling the MS .NET Framework (4.5.1). No gurantee, but it worked for me once. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for your suggestion. I did as you said, but the crash still occours :( It seems to happen quite randomly. Sometimes I can fly for hours, other times it happens not so long after takeoff. Right now it happened after I did a medium-ish vfr flight on vatsim doing a leg from ENCN to ENNO, and then the crash happened shortly after takeoff from ENNO enroute to ENGM.

The only thing Im suspecting this far is that the sim really isnt fond of doing multiple legs during the same gaming session.

Andreas Stangenes

Hmm I got another crash (same as in the original post) after starting afresh from ENNO :( So it's not necessairly connected with doing multiple legs in the same session.

I also had 2gb of free ram at the time according to fsuipc.

Andreas Stangenes

I noticed that if I dont click "ok" on the dialogbox that opens saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, runtime error. R6025 - pure virtual function call", I can run p3d with the dialogbox in the background. I dont know how long I can continue with the p3d session when this happens. Im gonna try it out. What is for sure is that when I click ok, p3d crashes immidiately.

Additional info: I have updated fsuipc to the latest version. I uninstalled orbx ftx global. My p3d settings are quite modest. The crashes so far seem utterly random.

Andreas Stangenes

Am I the only one experiencing this problem..? By the response here it certainly would seem so :( I keep getting hit with it.

Further info: As I said I have a GTX690 nvidia card (updated driver), and I usually play with nvidia surround. I tried going back to 1 screen, and it certainly smoothed my performance even more, but I still get hit with the runtime error.

I noticed that if I continue flying when it hits (dont click "ok"), then the landscape tiles wont update and my landscape continues to degrade into something similar of pulp or soup... Not very pleasing to say the least.

Andreas Stangenes

Having the exact same problem, have only used P3Dv2.2 for a few days mind. It's very random, sometimes after like 5-6 minutes of flying, sometimes longer than that and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Other than that, P3D2v2 is working great on my puny GPU, very much unexpectedly if I may say so.

Wait a second! I see you are also using ASN, that might be the problem because I'm using that too. Gonna try a few flights without ASN on.

I have this error if I close P3D while flying the AeroSoft Twin Otter Extended. I can fly the Otter all I want but if I close P3D while flying the Otter I get the crash. If I switch to any other airplane before exiting there is no crash.

In answer to Andreas question msvcr100.dll is the microsoft visual C runtime library version 10. The file is found in your Windows/System32 folder and is installed as part of the visual C runtime libraries which are available from MS.

The error though is a runtime error (compiler errors start with C rather than R but users will never to see a compiler error)

Here is what the C++ documentation say about R6025:

C Run-Time Error R6025

pure virtual function call

No object has been instantiated to handle the pure virtual function call.

If you are seeing this from an application, contact technical support for your application.

This error is caused by calling a virtual function in an abstract base class through a pointer which is created by a cast to the type of the derived class, but is actually a pointer to the base class. This can occur when casting from a void* to a pointer to a class when the void* was created during the construction of the base class.

For more information, see the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

That pretty much tells me that the problem is a programming problem and that would make it very difficult for end users to determine the exact problem (or even fix it).

It may not be P3D though causing the problem. It could be a gauge in an aircraft or a .exe or .dll addon which is connecting to P3D via simconnect.

www.antsairplanes.com

Gentlemen,

As a test: please rename your dll.xml to dll_xml and see if you still get this particular error!

I've also had this Runtime error R6025 faulting msvcr100.dll from P3Dv2/v2.1 and even in v2.2

The error came each time I had to reload a plane/heli/... ANY simobject, even the defaults, caused it.

The only thing I had to do is crash the plane and the error came on the screen.

Untill I started disabling all modules in my dll.xml; re-enabled one by one untill I got again the error when crashing.

In my case, and someone else on the LM P3Dv2 forum, it was RAASPRO.dll causing this.

Note that I am up to date with all Aerosoft products. This includes the Twin Otter and Airbus!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Ok, so I just flew around PAYA for about 5-10 minutes without ASN but I still got the error. Gonna try vesalius suggestion. This error is really getting on my nerves, have only been able to complete a couple flights in P3Dv2.2 so far. It's a real deal-breaker, might have to re-install and fly around vanilla to exclude any third-party add-on problems. To be fair though, I only use P3Dv2 compatible add-ons atm so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

What aircraft are.you guys using? I only ever got that error with the AXE and the Twin Otter, they were corrected using the new ASC file.

Indeed, in my case the AXE triggers this. Well acutally only the RAASPRO.DLL.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne