Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D Ordered

Well I am downloading P3D now - time to move on my passion for FSX has expired - I feel this is the future and the countless hours of tweaking for me is over.

Rich Sennett

Yikes good point Oliver - but lets hope PMDG fixes that   :good: 

Rich Sennett

Well I am downloading P3D now - time to move on my passion for FSX has expired - I feel this is the future and the countless hours of tweaking for me is over.

I think you are making the right move....the same move I made a month ago.

As I said on another thread here...What I see on P3D with settings at Very Dense or the sliders at 80%-90%

versus FSX with all the tweaking and sliders to the max isn't close.  P3Dv2.2 looks better and runs better.

I have the same cpu, 3770K cd to 4.4ghz....very similar systems. I run a 680.

So far I am VERY happy with P3D. I've been using a version of MS Flightsim since the aircraft and scenery were

cartoonish....P3D is the best yet and the future is very bright.

Ken

Great news Ken - thanks for the info - fsx is dead to me - not going back again - the time has come to move on or find another hobby

Rich Sennett

Rich Great to see your Back and moving on with us , I think you will be Happy with P3D.

I was about to pull the trigger today. Only thing that stopped me was my amount of disl space left hehe. I need to take the time and move some things to my external hard drive.

I'm going to keep fax on for a little longer anyway. I'll have FSX,P3D and XP10 all on one.

Thanks Guys - space not a problem - fsx uninstall performed - bye bye - AXE is going to be my new best friend, its a great bird - looks awesome with those VC shadows - should be fun.

Rich Sennett

Thank you will do Buddy - P3D looks amazing light years ahead of fsx - rex4 is amazing have to load some more goodies - just having one issue with a wave action on screen while panning and forgot the fix for it would you know Oliver what thats all about - thank you.

Rich Sennett

Hi LeeL,

Good luck for the Red's tomorrow, we can always hope!!

Cheers,

Mal.

Hi LeeL,

Good luck for the Red's tomorrow, we can always hope!!

Cheers,

Mal.

Carrol and Downing need to do something.

I'll be biting my nails....

On topic, I think I'll buy P3D tomorrow

Lee,

Agreed, I.m seriously considering purchasing myself! I just hope my modest rig will cope!

Cheers,

WOW P3D is amazing - glad I switched now this is what siming should look like stunning - find menu system bit clunky - slow to react but man no tweaks yet WOW - must have Guys

Glad you liked the post Lee - no OC and its running super other than the wave motion on the screen, I am a happy camper - FTX Global and rex4 loaded looks stunning - looks a lot more realistic than fsx as the cloud shadows  and sun gleam across the water, looked like I was there.  The VC shadows are amazing -This the future for sure thanks LM

Anyone needing excellent settings Rob posted this I used it and looks super duper and using NI also - so nice

http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html

Rich Sennett

Wave motion of screen?  Try changing frames to unlimited in the graphics settings...or v-sync off.   Congrads either way...welcome aboard!