Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Summertime! FirePit Grill. Would you Buy?

This is my baby :)

DucaneMeridianmain.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Now, as I contemplate retirement, I think I'll get a Weber charcoal grill and get back into that, since I'll have more time. I'll still keep the gas grill, but when I've got the time, I think it will be fun to go old school for some special meals.

Charcoal is so... summer.  It's a laid back, take your time, tend your fire and savor the process kind of thing.  But quick and convenient it ain't.  For us, it's charcoal on summer weekends and, formerly propane and now - since it's just the two of us - propane electric for winters and weeknights.  It isn't about one or the other in my mind.  Both have their place.

In other words, yes.  Definitely add the Weber back into the mix!

Scott

Edited by n4gix
struck out propane, added electric.

This is my baby :)

DucaneMeridianmain.jpg

See, now I would probably be happy with that, too.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

formerly propane and now - since it's just the two of us - propane for winters and weeknights.

Arggh!  Too late to edit this, but that should have read "...electric for winters and weekends", as we've replaced our old propane grill with a smaller outdoor electric grill.

Scott

Arggh!  Too late to edit this, but that should have read "...electric for winters and weekends", as we've replaced our old propane grill with a smaller outdoor electric grill.

Scott

Winter is important.  Even though I live in the frozen north, I grill year-round.  I had them add an overhang when they built the mud room between the garage and the house, so I've got a covered area that's still open-air and I can grill in a thunderstorm or blizzard.

I edited that for you Scott... :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I edited that for you Scott... :ph34r:

Thank you, kind sir!

Scott

Memorial Day sales............. ;)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5