Sign in to follow this  
LdeeFsx247

Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK missing on DVD

Hi can you help me I'm trying to install the SDK to use for My Traffic X Pro. I have Fsx Gold Edition installed on my system.I have done a research on forums and internet from this link:  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

I have done all the steps listed below  from 1 - 5 using my Fsx Gold Edition DVD's and Acceleration pack.

FSX Acceleration Pack users[edit]

To install the SDK for FSX Acceleration Pack:

1. Install the RTM SDK from FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1, (see 3.1.1 FSX Deluxe RTM users instructions above).
  2. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD.
  3. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\
  4. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB).
  5. Browse to the folder called SDK\
  6. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB).

The only problem I have is failing to locate is the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK as highlighted in green. My Fsx DVD Acceleration seems to missing SP2/XPack SDK from my DVD's. How best can I resolve this issue?

Regards 

Lloyd

LdeeFsx247

What does it say at the top of this forum?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

My disk is OK and contains

F:\SDK\SP1\fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe

F:\SDK \sdk.msi

There is nothing called SP2/XPack SDK

F:\SDK \sdk.msi

And this sdk.msi is the file you need to run. Thanks for pointing out this (possible) misunderstanding, Gerry. I spent a long time what the problem might be, but this didn't come to my mind - and that the OP's sdk.msi is indeed missing is very unlikely, I'd say.

You can always download SDK 1A directly from Microsoft for free.

The OP's problem isn't with SP1A but with sdk.msi.

My Fsx DVD Acceleration seems to missing SP2/XPack SDK from my DVD's.

Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB).

Which the OP did.

What does it say at the top of this forum?

Hi Robert

I'm the topic starter that's why I put that at top of this forum which seems to be the issue I'm having.I want to install SP2 sdk.msi from the Acceleration pack DVD. On my Acceleration DVD I only have these file in this order:

SDK\SP1a\fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe

The other file underneath the SDK\SP1a\fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe,  looks like a windows installer file and it doesn't say whether if its the SP2 sdk.msi ...and that's were my problem is I need help with.

My question is, are some FSX DVD's have SDK files for both SP1 and SP2 and some DVD's are missing the SP2 sdk.msi.Thanks

Regards

Lloyd

Which the OP did.

Hi mgh, thank you so much for your replies.

To answer your questions, My DVD is missing the \SDK\sdk.msi

Regards

Lloyd

Which the OP did.

No, he hasn't, because he cannot find the SDK. msi.

To the OP, download the SDK from Microsoft and your issues will be solved.

The only files in my SDK folder are:

F:\SDK\SP1a\fsx_sdk_sp1.exe
F:\SDK\sdk.msi

I have not have any reports of the sdk.msi file missing from the DVD so I've no idea what may have happened..

Perhaps JSkorna could be more helpful and actual tell you where you can delete the sdk.msi from.

Perhaps JSkorna could be more helpful and actual tell you where you can delete the sdk.msi from.

He doesn't want to delete it from anywhere because he can't even find it. How do you delete something you can't even find?

Then perhaps JSkorna could be even helpful and tell you where could you download the sdk.msi from.