Sign in to follow this  
dajackman2

Carenado B200 Bleed Air and Inverter switches [solved]

I'm very new to Linda, but I working on assigning switches to the Carenado b200 using Linda and or FSUIPC.  I have made several assignments but am having problem with the Inverter switch, and the two bleed air switches.  If I open the console (on both FSUIPC and Linda) and click either of these buttons on the panel, in FSX, I get nothing in the box, no hex addresses or anything.  It looks as if these panel switches don't really do anything.  Anyone have any ideas or direction you can point me in.

I'm in the early stages of designing / prototyping a cockpit.  Thanks for any help.

Dajackman2

If FSUIPC is no seeing the button presses then Linda will not. You should check your hardware and USB connections to solve your problem. You don't say whether you are using a known switch panel or these are bespoke switches intended for your cockpit.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks ScotFlieger for the reply.  I am building my own switch panel with a pulse generator.  The problem I have is I can't get the Hex address for the switch commands.  If I click the bleed air switches in flight sim, nothing is logged in either FSUIPC or Linda.  The bleed air switches work in the flight sim VC panel.  I have sent a message to Carenado, however they advised they do not provide support to something like this.  I thought about moving to Flight 1, but really like the "steam" gauges verses the fancy glass cockpit.

So I guess the real questions is, if a switch in the flight sim VC panel does not log to Linda or FSUIPC, is there anything I can do to try to assign an external switch to that function?

Thanks again for any help.

dajackman2

The only thing I can suggest is use LINDA Tracer to search FSX controls for the something that matches your bleed values.  Then click Scan and see (in Console) if the parameter changes with when you select the switch in the simulation.  It is a hit and miss process I'm afraid.

I have found 2 controls: BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_DEC (66716) and BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_INC (66715).  These might work for you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

As Scot suggested use the tracer function. It´ll help you to determin what lua command triggers a switch and its function. Keep in mind it is often a trial and error game. I wrote 3 small modules for Cera helicopters to start them via TM Warthog Switches. It is a bit of work but it is worth it :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I got it!!!  I'll post my code snip in another post.  

[EDIT by Guenseli: Why? ;) ]

Thanks all.

I'll post this in case anyone else needs this info.  I have assigned the left and right bleed air and inverter to a hardware switch panel I built using the following.  I am no programmer and new to Linda.  I copied the function from one of the A2A functions that came with Linda.  Only drawback is the external switches much be in the off position when the sim starts.  No biggie, it's part of the cockpit inspection check list any way :)

function Bleed_Air_Left_Toggle ()

LVarSet = "ASD_SWITCH_BLEED_AIR_VALVE_LEFT"
val = 0
 if ipc.readLvar(LVarSet) == 0 then
    val = 1
    end
    ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, val)
end

function Bleed_Air_Right_Toggle ()

LVarSet = "ASD_SWITCH_BLEED_AIR_VALVE_RIGHT"
val = 0
 if ipc.readLvar(LVarSet) == 0 then