Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk65

FSX Window.DLL CTD

ALCON I have been getting several window.dll CTD over the course of several days now.  It doesn't matter what aircraft I use or what scenery I use.  The only thing that I have noticed where it has worked was on short flights under 3hrs.  All long flights do not work.  I get the window.dll CTD while on approach and under F/L100.  I have tried a variety of flights, aircraft, and sceneries, all the same result.  I am going to try taking out the vysnc tweak for windowed mode, to see what happens.  Additionally I have kept an original copy of the window.dll file from the original install and upon completion of all the addons install.  I continue to get the same result no matter if I switch both of those files or not.  Any help in this area would be much appreciated, thanks and have nice day.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

RAM: DDR3 SDRAM

CPU I7 3770K OC 4.5GHZ (running on air cooling via Thermaltake Frio OCK, I am active duty and move a lot so using LC is not a good option for me.  Stress test show 4.6 obtainable OC and sustainable.)

RAM size: 16GB @ 1866 (CL9)

Graphics Nividia 670GTX OC

Hard Drive

C: Main Windows Drive 111GB SD

B: 931GB 7,200 RPM Mega Scenery Drive

D: Backup 465 GB 7,2000 RPM

E: FSX Main Drive 931GB 7,200 RPM

My frame rate is locked using internal at 35FPS

I have also used both the AVSIM Guide and KOTSA guide for tweaks and setup through the CFG and NI

Addons

REX, PFPX, Active Sky, Aerosoft PFE

Scenery

FS Dream Team

KLAX, PHNL, KLAS, KJFK, KORD

Flight Beam

KIAD, KSFO, KPHX, KDEN

Imagine Sim

KATL, KCVG, KDEN, MYNN

Aerosoft

EGLL, EDDF

Fly Tampa

KTPA, KBOS

Latin VFR

KMIA, KSAN

Other

KMCO, RKSI, RJAA

Aircraft

PMDG

737, 747, J-41, 777

QWings

Level D 767

Majestic Dash 8

Captain Sim

727, 737, 707, 767

Fell There

E-145, CRJ 200,700,900

Window.dll - The window.dll in the main FSX folder is used by FSX to take advantage of the capabilities of DirectX9. When using DirectX9, FSX calls on the window.dll module's functions to automatically minimize, maximize or restore the FSX window. For instance, the function 'WindowInit' is called to whether the window is currently minimized or maximized. The 'WindowFree' function can set the focus on the window and check whether the window has current focus. The dll has many more functions. This error has been fixed by reinstalling video card drivers (WHQL – no BETA).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Try stop using PFE and see if that stops the error happening, the only time I get this crash is when using PFE (I think). If you can also confirm it doesn't crash then it might be worth bringing it up with Oncourse Software they might be able to fix it.

Cheers, Andy.

Hopefully the OP fixed his issue long, long ago but thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10