Sign in to follow this  

Hey everyone, I'm doing a repaint of the C152 for my flight school and I've got a problem and I hope you guys can help me. I'm using the blank textures Carenado provides, here's the issue:

In this picture you can see that both orange and yellow stripes on the horizontal stabilizer are aligned:

M7NBXdq.png

But once in FSX this happens:

FtyY1Mk.png

The right side shows up unaligned. In case I haven't explained well enough, I'm talking about the alignment between the elevator and the rest of the horizontal estabilizer. Now I believe this part of the plane is mirrored, so why one side is aligned and the other one isn't? Hopefully someone knows how to fix this. Thanks!

so why one side is aligned and the other one isn't?

Poor mapping on the modelers part.

Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Short of getting Carenado to remap the model, there is no way to "fix" this.

All you can do is modify your design. You could split the difference and nudge the elevator portion outboard a bit. Then neither side would line up but hopefully it would be close enough to not be too objectionable.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

The bit you're looking for is to the right of the piece you've done. It's the elevator on it's own and it's rotated.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

You have to move the stripes not lined up in your repaint until they do line up pretty easy - its the way it was unwrapped

Rich Sennett

Short of getting Carenado to remap the model, there is no way to "fix" this.

I had the feeling this had to do with the mapping, but had to try asking for help. Thanks Joe! I guess I'll just have to modify the design a bit.

The bit you're looking for is to the right of the piece you've done. It's the elevator on it's own and it's rotated.

I have also tried painting that bit your refer to, but it doesn't make any difference, that part is still is mirrored:

hhSTEVL.png

I have also tried painting that bit your refer to, but it doesn't make any difference, that part is still is mirrored:

OK. I've never painted a152, I just took a wild guess. :smile:

Yikes it mirroring which means one side is good the other is not - well thats a new one on me - might be out of luck if thats the case 

Rich Sennett

Thanks anyway Ron! I appreciate your help. I wish that what you said worked but sadly it doesn't :( .

Yikes it mirroring which means one side is good the other is not - well thats a new one on me - might be out of luck if thats the case 

Yea first time I've seen this happening too, but thanks for the help man!

Sorry Ed cant be more help, this was not a problem with other carenados I have painted but I haven't done many different aircraft - good luck - send them an e-mail before you keep putting your hard work on it.

Rich Sennett

I've had that on the RealAir Scout, the tail fin showed text correctly on one side but mirrored on the other side. Haven't had any comments on it though. I suspect that most people don't look at your paint as closely as you do! :wink:

As for sending an email to Carenado, forget it! The plane is older than Methuselah, they'll have lost interest in it years ago. :biggrin:

I really doubt they would do anything about it since it's actually a minor problem that I'm sure probably no one else has noticed and because it's an old plane just like Ron said. I'll follow Joe's advice and try to change the design so that it doesn't look so dealigned while staying as close as possible to the original design. Thanks! I hope you guys have a nice day/afternoon/night, whichever fits your time zone :lol: