Sign in to follow this  
ncr747dxer

Found this Tonight, Better take a look at this PMDG.

What looks edited?  Here, if it is edited, how about Joey posts the picture of the chat here!  I do not understand how I am violating it? I am not sending any files Whatsoever over.  All I am doing is charging to install the merge and you can see in the product description. Please tell me whats wrong about that?

I understand what you mean, it's not the aircraft but an installer but I don't think it's legal to do so without PMDG's permission or TDS. 

I understand what you mean, it's not the aircraft but an installer but I don't think it's legal to do so without PMDG's permission or TDS. 

There is no installer!  No softwre or files will be transfer.  What i was planning on doing is using teamview to edit the TDS and PMDG files on the customer's computer to make the PMDG VC work with the TDS model

Chris Gartrell

All I am doing is charging to install the merge and you can see in the product description. Please tell me whats wrong about that?

Well for starters your trying to make money off other people's work.

There is no installer!  No softwre or files will be transfer.  What i was planning on doing is using teamview to edit the TDS and PMDG files on the customer's computer to make the PMDG VC work with the TDS model

Did you even ask anyone at PMDG to engage in such a business? Let along modify the software?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I am not a legal expert but that doesn't look like a bad thing to me. Its not that he is taking anything from PMDG or TDS.

Lets say I have a Mercedes Benz, go to a tuner and let them change the interior to look like a BMW, its wrong as well? Of course, there might be a section in the EULA that tells more about this but usually, its not something thats normally seen as "being wrong". Also calling him an idiot is not something that I expect to see in such a forum and people here should calm down about the whole thing. Its like a kindergarten.

cgartrell1 is not a full real name: PMDG is going to delete all your posts in this thread.   :lol:

(...)
Please sign your name per these forum rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361815-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

I am not a legal expert but that doesn't look like a bad thing to me. Its not that he is taking anything from PMDG or TDS.

Lets say I have a Mercedes Benz, go to a tuner and let them change the interior to look like a BMW, its wrong as well? Of course, there might be a section in the EULA that tells more about this but usually, its not something thats normally seen as "being wrong". Also calling him an idiot is not something that I expect to see in such a forum and people here should calm down about the whole thing. Its like a kindergarten.

Perhaps you're right.  In the real world, somebody could make an STC for split scimitar of their own design and put it on somebody's product.  It seems so long as the customer bought the 737 from PMDG, this add-on isn't illegal.. However, the EULA might forbid this action, this is where its legality likely comes into question.  

I know everybody is supposed to read it before clicking 'yes', but I'm pretty certain not many people actually read these things that we always 'agree' with.  I have, however, read the Apple T&C ... it was the middle of the night, in Mexico, no internet, there was a donkey that wouldn't shut up, it was my only form of entertainment...

Inactive

cgartrell1 is not a full real name: PMDG is going to delete all your posts in this thread.   :lol:

I have added a signature now 

-Chris Gartrell

Chris Gartrell

It really is quite sad to see (presumably) grown adults get so excited at the thought of someone getting "in trouble" for something like this. Ultimately the guy is just clearly trying to make a little money by offering something of a "unique" service, not some master criminal.

Has he actually done anything wrong? I don't pretend to be a legal expert but as far as I can tell he's not trying to "sell" someone elses work or anything, he's just charging for his "services" in making some modifications to someone's sim setup to achieve a particular end result. If what he is doing is technically illegal, I'm sure this will be pointed out by PMDG and the appropriate resolution made to the matter which is ultimately between PMDG and the individual concerned.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...I love this community but at times it really is quite pathetic in it's sense of self-righteousness.

internet%20lynch%20mobs.gif

Alas, it is likely to be deleted by the mods for not including a signature....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lets say I have a Mercedes Benz, go to a tuner and let them change the interior to look like a BMW, its wrong as well? Of course, there might be a section in the EULA that tells more about this but usually, its not something thats normally seen as "being wrong".

Well it is. Below is very very very basic explanation and doesn't count for all the software but anyway:

Unlike buying a car you don't buy software. You buy the rights to use it (license). And those rights are limited and written in the EULA. Braking these rules can be a reason to revoke the license. Making money out of a product in any way that isn't yourse without authorisation from the actual owner or accepted within the EULA is a big deal.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...I love this community but at times it really is quite pathetic in it's sense of self-righteousness

A very useful place to come if you love flying like me, but I agree, you get a lot of overzealous folk around here.

Jose De Campos

London