Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke throttle rudder Majestic q400 import file

Well I just received my saitek cessna Yoke with rudder and throttle, does someone has a file for the Majestic q400.

I mean in the Settings control menu ( p3d /fsx ) there is a option to import and export controls. Would some one with a good setup send this to me?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Rick,

No file, but all you have to do is assign the throttle quadrant as follows (left to right): throttle, condition lever, flaps.  Then calibrate them in the Majestic Control Panel, and you're done!

FYI:  I, and most of the guys I fly with, use a double Saitek throttle quadrant, so in the Q400 we have separate controls for each engine (two throttles, two condition levers, one flap and one unused lever - the  far left one which is used for spoilers on other aircraft as the Dash 8 only has ground spoilers which are automatic.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the wonderful Majestic Dash 8 Q400!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Rick,

No file, but all you have to do is assign the throttle quadrant as follows (left to right): throttle, condition lever, flaps.  Then calibrate them in the Majestic Control Panel, and you're done!

FYI:  I, and most of the guys I fly with, use a double Saitek throttle quadrant, so in the Q400 we have separate controls for each engine (two throttles, two condition levers, one flap and one unused lever - the  far left one which is used for spoilers on other aircraft as the Dash 8 only has ground spoilers which are automatic.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the wonderful Majestic Dash 8 Q400!

Thanks Dave,

got it working, using lever 1 and 2 for throttle and 3 for condition levers ( not sure this is the best ). Are you using fsuipc? if not could yu post the setting in your control panel for the engine controls. For reverse I will have to keep using f2, I know in fsuipc you can do it with the levers by assigning them to a button. But i do not yet have fsuipc.

And by the way, by far most beautiful plane I have flown in the virtual world!!

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

I have the registered version of FSUIPC, don't I don't use it for control assignments and find that FSX works just fine.

I'd use one throttle and the third lever for flaps, but whatever your preference is is fine.

Happy flying.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have set my throttles via MJC8 Q400 control panel, but the aircraft starts going backwards when set on disc and 850/900 rpm, is this normal?

Also when on idle plane starts to roll to about 34 knots forward....... Prop on 900 rpm.....

power lever has been calibrated in fsx, and my control panel settings for the the power lever are;

max 65152

detent 52352

idle 5246

disc 382

reverse -16478

still need to learn the turbo prop stuff,  but what is the difference between idle and disc?

From the Delivery Flight Documentation:

Power Levers

REVERSE: Point at which max reverse power is produced

DISC: Point at which propellers are nearly “flat” against the direction of travel/airstream. Consider this the “ground idle” where no thrust is being produced.
-the range between DISC and IDLE is roughly your “beta” taxi thrust regime, so decide how large you want this to be-

IDLE: Minimum thrust in-flight. While flying, do not go below this point. The real Q400 has a gate where levers must be lifted for travel below this range. Most Flightsim hardware do not have a detent/gate here, so set it where you like. In the sim you’ll here a clicking/gate sound as you pass over it. Bringing power levers below this point in-flight will cause a “bird sound” alarm to warn you of the misconfiguration.

DETENT: Takeoff power detent. This is a point where the power matches the current engine rating set on the engine control panel. The power will be set for whatever the carat shows on the engine display.

MAX: Over travel area- produces up to 125% torque in case of emergency. I found this difficult to set as I was always forgetting it’s location on my hardware levers and overshooting. Therefore, I set this to a number my hardware can’t achieve, thus taking it out of play.

Depending on how deep you want to get into this, there is more to tell on how the engine/prop hydraulics work but it's not necessary to understand for flight simulation. If you're interested in how the hydraulics for the props work, I'd be happy to send you some information, just PM me your email address (but again, it's not really necessary to understand beyond what's already in the documentation).

Hope this has been helpful. Enjoy this incredible simulator.

Dave Hodges

thanks Dave,

--the range between DISC and IDLE is roughly your “beta” taxi thrust regime, so decide how large you want this to be-

many thanks, this line opened up my eyes. I will make the regime a bit bigger.

Also now I found that I had to think differently about the joystick settings. I can put lever specific position in regards to the simulator together with the taxi regime, and your advise about Max ( I will leave it out as you did ).

Many thanks Dave, yep still studying the manuals and just did the first tutorial flight. Also bought the traning video's from airline2sim which are very helpful.

current setting after your advise;

max 65452

detent 65152

idle 23166

disc 382

reverse 0 ( is not working without fsuipc, however also barely just in real life on the dash if I am correct ).

lots of fine tuning to do, also just installed track Ir with the trackclip which I also still need to get used to ( I use p3dv2.2 and ezdok has no installer for it ). However with the advise from people like you in the community I am slowly getting in the Q400 heaven.

You are most welcome. We stream most our Beta Flights, usually several times a week. You can find them on our website (see link below).

If you fly on VATSIM, drop by our voice server and do a flight with us sometime.

Dave Hodges

A little off-topic and im sorry for that, but can you tell me if the Cessna yoke from Saitek has the same detents on the elevators and ailerons as it does with their "pro yoke" product?

I've seen contrasting comments about this and I'd really like to know. The review on avsim says the Cessna yke has no detents, but I've read people in this forum saying they are both the same inside mechanically speaking. Im confused.