Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

MDESIGN UUDD FSX season issue

Just bought this great airport, but as the MDESIGN website is Russian I thought that I would ask here first.

There are options for the different seasons, I copied end pasted the Winter files in the Scenery & Texture folders as stated in the word pad info.

In winter I have the snow textures surrounding the airport but not on the airport buildings or runways etc, if I change the season to the summer time there is no snow.

On SimMarket there are several photo's including on with the ground snow.

I have an attachment but I do not know how to show it.

Has anyone else bought this airport and has the same issue as me.

I have an attachment but I do not know how to show it.

In order to post an image here, you need to upload it to an image hosting site - I myself use tinypic for that purpose, but anything is fine. Then you link the image here.

You don't have snow on the runway, and not on the buildings - that much is clear to me. But simmarket shows only one winter picture, and there's no snow on the RWYs either, and judging whether there's snow on the buildings is impossible from that image. So my question now is: Do you have snow on around the RWYs? If so, I guess everything is OK already, as there shouldn't be any snow on the runway; you want to land there after all, don't you?

Btw, on the product page at simmarket, there is a link to their(English and Russian) support forum, I guess it might be worth reporting your problem there as well.

Kind regards,

Thanks for your reply,

There is snow on the ground next to the runways as shown in the last photo on SimMarket MDESIGN UUDD site, I then

presumed that the buildings were also covered in snow.

Due to pass problems with Russian sites ( spam etc) I am always wary of giving certain details like my e-mail address.

Also you need to translate every word on their site

I then presumed that the buildings were also covered in snow.

I am only aware of a few ORBX sceneries that have such a feature, as it needs the building textures to be changed, and as I understand it, this is (at least not usually) linked to the date, whcih is how FSX normally handles seasonal textures.

I understand your concern about Russian sites, but you could still drop them a mail I guess.

Hi

Love the UUDD scenery but...

I'm a little unclear of how to change seasons on MDESIGN UUDD. I know I have to copy the season files, say Winter, to the main scenery and texture folders. To change to another season do you have to remove the previously transferred Winter season files from the main scenery and texture folders and replace with another, say Spring or do you leave them all in the main folder once you've transferred? Seems a rather complicated procedure. Should be a season switching tool. There appears to be no manual either and the Russian MDesign site is not much help.

thanks for any advice

simdown42

Sent an e-mail to MDesign, response was very quick and I followed their advice, now I have the Winter textures ( I had

not installed the files properly).

They are making a utility tool so that changing seasons will be easier, at the moment you have to do it manually.

Their customer service with me was 100% perfect.

Hope they will make UUEE to compliment UUDD.

Hope they will make UUEE to compliment UUDD.

Drzewcki (wrong spelling, I know), is working on Sheremetyevo currently. I'm hoping one of these developers does Vnukovo next!