Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

EZY A320 EGKK-EHAM

Some x-plane EGKK-EHAM shots after applying the amazing atmospheric scattering effects detailed by Michael Schmitt (Thank you Michael your youtube tutorial was very helpful). This really should be part of the out-of-the-box effects or at least selectable without the need to install the Data Ref Editor plugin!

xplane_110514_1_zps59d7daad.jpg

xplane_110514_2_zps6a79c25a.jpg

xplane_110514_3_zps865525f4.jpg

xplane_110514_4_zpsa7d623c1.jpg

xplane_110514_5_zpsd8497ed3.jpg

xplane_110514_6_zps6fbc1bdc.jpg

xplane_110514_7_zps3460cea7.jpg

xplane_110514_8_zps079502c7.jpg

Amazing, please post a link to the youtube video. Also, which A320 is this?  

Ah holy-moly. Must. Have. Now.

Aamir Thacker

Guest Mik75

Beautiful pics! And I am glad I could help you with getting the maximum out of XPX! It's the beauty of 64 bit, right? ;-)

I can see that you use MaxxFX as well, I love that tool, with the right settings, it adds so much to the realistic look of X-Plane!

Keep these pictures coming!

Beautiful pics! And I am glad I could help you with getting the maximum out of XPX! It's the beauty of 64 bit, right? ;-)

I can see that you use MaxxFX as well, I love that tool, with the right settings, it adds so much to the realistic look of X-Plane!

Keep these pictures coming!

It's pretty amazing Michael and the effect on FPS is quite minimal - apart from when you start adding custom scenery ;)

Amazing, please post a link to the youtube video. Also, which A320 is this?

Thanks - here's the link to Michael's video tutorials (it's in two parts) - enjoy! It's the JARdesign A320neo :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zGM-QjhHQ

So what kind of FPS were you getting?

Aamir Thacker

It's usually around the 25 mark. Not too bad with a complex plane also...

Awesome! What kind of system are you running?

Aamir Thacker

My system is getting on a bit now, it's due for an upgrade!

i7-2600K @3.4Ghz / 8GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 285

Well, I reckon I'd get about 30-ish then, hopefully!

Aamir Thacker

Tried out the settings, brings X-Plane to the next level visually - this should be default experience, it's that good. 

Guest Mik75

Tried out the settings, brings X-Plane to the next level visually - this should be default experience, it's that good.

If you used my settings, you can also use them as a start point to do your own experiments! Everybody's taste is different. I personally spent quite a lot of time with comparing real world photos with XPX while tweaking the art controls. MaxxFX is very important in that process as well. I change the values of the art controls and even for the cloud shadowing from flight to flight just slightly, depending on the weather, time of day, my mood, etc. ;-) Once you get the hang of it and you get used to the dataref editor, it can be done within seconds!

XPX's look is just the most immersive and realistic looking I've home across so far! But remember, screenshots are not able to show its complete beauty, one hast to see it in person!

Could you perhaps link me your twitch? Would love to follow along!

Aamir Thacker