Sign in to follow this  
sarp_79

transparent ground textures

hi

i got pr3d v2.2 installed. but ground textures are all transparent, i can only view runway textures right.

any ideas ?

my issue is something like that for those who want visual proof  :( please help me get textures visible on my p3d

p3d_LOWI.png

That is kinda cool!!

You might list your hardware, in the hopes someone can help. It just looks like there is no time for textures to be drawn.

Using Shift-Z, what are the FPS being shown at?

My hardware is as follows:

CPU : InterCore i7 Q740 4 Cores 8 LP

GPU : GeForce GTS 360M 1GB with DirectX 11.

RAM : 8 GB

CPU freq: 2.33 GHz

I get fsp at around 20-30, not bad.

What a pity ! i cannot enjoy the marvelous cloud shadows ... please someone help !!!

I think you may be under zero elevation.  If you slew upwards does the ground textures come back?  If so then it may be your runway/airport is at a different/connflicting elevation.  Just a thought.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

+1 with what clutch said. Or maybe your hardware(gpu) is not up to the task, is another possibility.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. I do hope you get it sorted out, as P3dv2 is an amazing piece of software, and everyone deserves a chance to enjoy it to it's fullest.

regards, Craig.

I think you may be under zero elevation.  If you slew upwards does the ground textures come back?  If so then it may be your runway/airport is at a different/connflicting elevation.  Just a thought.

It happens at each and every airport/runway I start. I am right on the surface not under zero elevation.

I guess my GPU has trouble handling the textures...so annoying to slowly find out that your so-called high-end laptop cannot handle P3Dv2. 

Which gpu in your laptop, is being used by P3D? (ie; integrated graphics card built in to the mobo, or a dedicated nvidia/amd gpu?)

The integrated gpu's are rather weak, and will limit performance in P3d.

regards, Jazz

I did a little bit of looking at the gpu and unfortunately it is not high end at all.  It only has 96 cuda cores, which compares to a GT 530.  Sorry, but not nearly enough horsepower for P3D or many other simulations or games.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

A GeForce GTS 360M 1GB with DirectX 11.That's for sure a low end GPU.

Spirit