Sign in to follow this  
Commandhat17

Aerosoft (A321/320) Checklist feature and installing this to PMDG

First off I'd like to say on the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended the checklist feature is superb. I love the fact that there are voices that tell you what to do and as wells as do it for you, I discovered this feature while I was in flight, and the callouts and stuff are absolutely great. however when ATC asked me to descend (IFR) I forgot to run the checklist and started my decent. Upon realising this, I went to the second FMC and started the pre decent checklist (because I forgot, :P) after completion, it said to start decent, but I had already started decent and it did not correct it. How do I correct the checklist? it kept telling me to start decent even after I finished landing, so it did not do any of the further checklists. is there a way to fix this? 

Now moving on the PMDG. I want to install this to PMDG 737NGX. Is there a way to install this type of programe to the NGX? Including the callouts and checklist? (Also the automatic checklist) 
Thanks, 

Commandhat17/AJ

Is there a way to install this type of programe to the NGX? Including the callouts and checklist?

No way! It's deeply coded.

What is more, it is protected by copyright.

No way! It's deeply coded.

What is more, it is protected by copyright.

Darn, thanks. But I've seen similar videos on YouTube that have this feature.. 

Probably what you've seen in the NGX is FS2Crew: http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/

Yeah that was probably it, seems interesting. The problem is I don't want to be speaking to the crew with my mic, I want a normal checklist procedure, as in the case with Airbus. And what about the error in checklist? It isn't really that big of a problem, just a small error I want to correct.

On the checklist CDU in AXE you should be able to skip itens on the checklist. The word "skip" should show on the checklist.

FS2crew for the NGX includes a button version so you don't have to speak to your FO. FS2crew has many more features than the AXE checklist/FO.

You can't change the built-in Airbus checklists.

Checklists can be altered:

- FlightDeckCompanion (payware, a bit aged, end-of-development, button-controlled, not interfaced with the Airbus custom code)

- MultiCrewExperience (payware, but there's a version 'locked' to your Aerosoft Airbus, you just need to download it and install separately, still being developed - but it's strictly voice-controlled)

There are some more checklists addons (even freeware among them), but I can't comment on them since I've never used them.

On the checklist CDU in AXE you should be able to skip itens on the checklist. The word "skip" should show on the checklist.

FS2crew for the NGX includes a button version so you don't have to speak to your FO. FS2crew has many more features than the AXE checklist/FO.

During my flight today I did not see any skip button, and as a result it kept asking me to initiate decent even after I was on the ground.. I will try to look for it later. 

You can't change the built-in Airbus checklists.

Checklists can be altered:

- FlightDeckCompanion (payware, a bit aged, end-of-development, button-controlled, not interfaced with the Airbus custom code)

- MultiCrewExperience (payware, but there's a version 'locked' to your Aerosoft Airbus, you just need to download it and install separately, still being developed - but it's strictly voice-controlled)

There are some more checklists addons (even freeware among them), but I can't comment on them since I've never used them.

Thanks, but I prefer non voice checklists. however, I'll keep those in mind. 

I believe you can get FS2Crew add-ons for certain aircraft that are button-activated rather than voice-activated.

Yep, a button-controlled FS2Crew Aerosoft Airbus edition is available. As with all FS2Crew editions, included checklists can't be edited by users, though.

(But the flows and checklists of FS2Crew differ from the 'native' Aerosoft checklists - so might suit some people better.)

I believe you can get FS2Crew add-ons for certain aircraft that are button-activated rather than voice-activated.

Yep, a button-controlled FS2Crew Aerosoft Airbus edition is available. As with all FS2Crew editions, included checklists can't be edited by users, though.

(But the flows and checklists of FS2Crew differ from the 'native' Aerosoft checklists - so might suit some people better.)

Yes, do these have the automatic F/O checklists, where if you switch it on the F/O will read out the checklists and do the configurations for you? 

After several flights the checklists always get stuck. I have no skip button anywhere (not on any of the FMS) 

This is super annoying as I'm already at cruise level  and it keeps telling me to climb to cruise. in other flights if It tells me to decent and I decent, it does not register at all. this is especially really annoying. is there a fix for this issue?