Sign in to follow this  
Limpzon

FSX problem with turbulence/wind guts/s-turns

Hi guys!

I have recently started to play FSX once again, after a 1-year break. 

I am using PMDG 737 NGX, 747, Aerosoft Airbus X extended, Qualitywings Avro RJ, Majestic Software DashQ800, Aivlasoft EFB, REX 4 Texture Direct, FSUIPC 4.853 (unregistered, I had a registered version aswell but didn't solve the problem), FTX Global, Flightsim commander 9.4 and several Aerosoft/Flytampa airport sceneries.

My problem is the following:

I have noticed during the last days that my aircrafts are really unstable during flight. Although I am flying with fair weather, the aircrafts are heavily affected by windshear/turbulence/crosswind. These ''weather problems'' do occur at both low flight levels and high flight levels, but do occur most during cruise or during departure/approach. I have never experienced these kind of problems before, not even when I used Active Sky before which could affect the autopilot.

I have also noticed that the aircrafts are really unstable, and can eventually bank in a 90 degree angle and stall out during cruise or approach, although the weather conditions are good or moderate. As I said, this occur if I use either real-world weather, fair weather or manual weather. I am not using any weather engine.

The problems are more present in PMDG and Qualitywing aircraft, but do occur when I fly Aerosoft airbus X as well..

I have followed several guides on the internet, that suggested to change different values in both fsx.cfg and fsuipc.ini..Obviously, it hasn't solved my problem.

I have tried both unregistered and registered versions of FSUIPC, as well as reinstalling the whole game. I have also experimented with different fsx.cfg, without any luck.

What could the problem be? At this moment I am not able to fully enjoy flying longer flights due to these problems....

Best regards

//Limpzon

Use the wind smoothing option in FSUIPC.

Use the wind smoothing option in FSUIPC.

I'd say just get ASN and you won't have to fool around with any of that stuff anymore

I have tested change the settings in fsuipc but it didn't work. Perhaps I should another weather engine.. Is active sky the best one out there or do it exist any free alternatives?

ASN is excellent. Have had no odd wind shifts or strange aircraft behaviour since I bought it. Try the demo!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

After installatie of ASN all weather problems, gusty winds etc etc are solved and most of the time a very good working decent profiel with pmdg and aeroft a310.

Regards Jovabra

ASN is excellent. Have had no odd wind shifts or strange aircraft behaviour since I bought it. Try the demo!

After installatie of ASN all weather problems, gusty winds etc etc are solved and most of the time a very good working decent profiel with pmdg and aeroft a310.

Regards Jovabra

Hmm ok sounds interesting. However, a friend of mine with almost similar setup and the same joystick (Thrustmaster T.flight hotas) hasn't noticed these problems...how come? It couldn't be my joystick that is bugging out? Or, is it as you guys say, perhaps just the fsx default weather engine that is bad and should be replaced?