Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

FS Global Ultimate vs FSGenesis

Sorry if this has been asked before, I could not find a definitive answer.

I have every FSGenesis product but with the new ownership I am thinking of going to FS Global Ultimate.

Is there a large difference? I fly all over the world and would buy all 3 regions of Global Ultimate. Thanks

If fsgenesis works with vector then stay with what you got - I have fsgenesis and its great thinking you will not see any difference - fsgenesis works fine with global - I do not have vector yet

Rich Sennett

I have two of the three Ultimate products, and I have FS Genesis (but not any of the nextmap stuff)  Ultimate is pretty awesome,  I usually fly with FS Genesis though, because it's good enough, and doesn't entail a 12 minute flight loading time like Ultimate does.  if you have an SSD may not be much of an issue though.

I have FS Global but didnt notice a long loading time after installing it, but definitely a little bit longer than before installing it. Just not 12 minutes on standard HD.

:P Timothy Murphy

I have two of the three Ultimate products, and I have FS Genesis (but not any of the nextmap stuff)  Ultimate is pretty awesome,  I usually fly with FS Genesis though, because it's good enough, and doesn't entail a 12 minute flight loading time like Ultimate does.  if you have an SSD may not be much of an issue though.

just a tip. try defrag, that can cut your load by 50%

ZORAN

I 've both fsglobal and fsgenesis installed with no issues at all

14ppkc-6.png

"I 've both fsglobal and fsgenesis installed with no issues at all"

Tooting are you using ftx vector how does it get along with fsgenesis - thank you

Rich Sennett

"I 've both fsglobal and fsgenesis installed with no issues at all"

Tooting are you using ftx vector how does it get along with fsgenesis - thank you

I use vector with fsgenesis and no issues here, but with the latest vector and disabled all airport elevation adjustments for any addon airport I had.

I love FSGensis NextMap I wish the rest of the world had this quality resolution. That is what I was hoping would be available with Global Ultimate. Guess not?

Thank you appreciate the heads up - good news as I bought all of the world stuff for vector when it was first announced 

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard. I don't have ftx vector. I have ultimate terrain which I think conflicts with Fox global ??

14ppkc-6.png

Oh ok thank you - yes both can not be used together choose one or the other - I choose vector just have to buy it

Rich Sennett

Thank you appreciate the heads up - good news as I bought all of the world stuff for vector when it was first announced 

There are going to be airports on plateaus but that is due to the elevation of an airport not being level, I was hoping Vector would fix this, but it looks like they only adjust elevation for the default airport. My addon airports are almost all on plateaus all over the world.

I usually fly in to major hubs so I never see this nut thanks for the info  

Rich Sennett