Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Starting the aircraft?

I have spent over 10 hours trying to start the engines on this air frat. What is the secret ?

Have you tried doing the tutorial that is given with the product  and  there a excellent tutorial written by a rw q400 pilot  on the majestic produc page.  Plus you havnt  said  what you have  tried  and done  to start the engines.  also there are lots of utubes out there on how  to start the majestic  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It would have really helped you if you went through the tutorials available... Failing that, you could look into the airline2sim video course... it teaches a lot about real world operations in the Q400 as they relate to the Majestic simulated version... well spent $25 in my mind...

In those 10 hours, you would have learned how to set up the aircraft from cold and dark, with a description of the systems in basic terms, as well as performed a number of flights in flight training scenarios...

A

Sarting the Q400 is quite easy: batteries, power one MCDU request GPU and go.

My concern is that my FO is a bit lazy. :rolleyes:

He do not help at all powering the aircraft nor doing anything else.

Times to times he push some test but that's all.

I'm used to FS2crew PMDG NGX, at leat this FO works a bit for me :lol:

Is it due to the fact that Q400 receive their Dash powered mot of the time ?

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

PSour23 - I agree with you 100%. I expected more from FS2Crew with the Q400, similar to the PMDG 737NGX. I end up turning on most of the switches myself and can't get the lazy FO to start the engines. Nice FS2Crew got 40 USD from me for a lousy product. 

Make sure the ignitions are on as well- the startup situation sometimes has them in the off position, thus after switching the start selector and pushing start and throwing the CLs forward, nothing happens. Just double checking...

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I end up turning on most of the switches myself and can't get the lazy FO to start the engines. Nice FS2Crew got 40 USD from me for a lousy product.

No issues here with my fo starting  the engine  I suggest reading  the flight tutorial  that came with the fs2crew  since you are missing   some  steps

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg