Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Advice on setup of Throttle-RPM-Mixture control

Hello everyone! 

I have a CH 6 lever control for the Throttle-RPM-MIxture and it is worn out. there are no more detents which is making it very difficult flying a plane with reversers.

I do have the Throttle-RPM-MIxture control that came with my Saitek Pro Yoke, but it is only a 3 lever. Is there a way to set this up for twin engine Throttle-RPM-MIxture?

I remember someone doing it way back but my concern was that the mixture may not work well when starting the engines as the process may kill an engine already running

when starting another.

I do of course have FSUIPC

Many thanks for your input.

Regards

Bob

Bob,

It is possible, using a combination of your hardware and mouse. This is how I do it with the CH yoke (with single mixture and prop controls) and RealAir's Turbine Duke...

When I first get into the cockpit, I move my hardware prop and "mixture" (i.e., condition) levers full forward and my hardware throttle full back. Using the mouse, I then left drag on the VC condition levers to pull them all the way back. I can then start each engine with the mouse, right dragging each VC condition lever into low idle at the appropriate time. Once both engines are started, I drag the condition levers full forward to sync with the hardware and use the hardware lever from that point on.

It sounds more complicated than it is. After you do it once, it makes perfect sense.

Bob,

It is possible, using a combination of your hardware and mouse. This is how I do it with the CH yoke (with single mixture and prop controls) and RealAir's Turbine Duke...

When I first get into the cockpit, I move my hardware prop and "mixture" (i.e., condition) levers full forward and my hardware throttle full back. Using the mouse, I then left drag on the VC condition levers to pull them all the way back. I can then start each engine with the mouse, right dragging each VC condition lever into low idle at the appropriate time. Once both engines are started, I drag the condition levers full forward to sync with the hardware and use the hardware lever from that point on.

It sounds more complicated than it is. After you do it once, it makes perfect sense.

Hey thanks for the input. Yes, that does make sense. Will try this a little later. Once started though, how does each single hardware lever handle two levers in the plane. Is this done through FSUIPC?

Bob

Bob,

Once started though, how does each single hardware lever handle two levers in the plane. Is this done through FSUIPC?

No… Unless you select a specific engine using E+[engine number], the lever controls all engines simultaneously by default.

I did not know that. Well that makes it easy. Thanks srburger, appreciate your time.

Regards

Bob