Sign in to follow this  

Read the Prepar3DLearningCenter.chm

This file contains a wealth of information about Prepar3D and is updated for each release of P3D.  I get a lot of questions where the answers can be found in this document (from "tuning" to Field of View to cameras to Shadow settings).  I also see a lot of comments about how P3D can't do this or can't do that ... when in fact it can, you just need to read the documentation on how to do it.

It may not have ALL the answers, but it's a great place to start ... you paid the $50, $60, $200, $2000 so you owe it to yourself to explore this document and get your moneys worth  B)

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, I do so wish that L-M had not made the SDK part of the "Learning Center" but had instead left it in the SDK where it belongs!

It's annoying that I cannot read the SDK here on my dev machine, because P3Dv2 is installed on my sim machine...

...which is in my Library, not my office!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just copy the file Bill ... what I often do is store files that I need access to anywhere at anytime in an Email folder - handy for key files I reference a lot since I almost always can get access to my Email folders from any device/location.

But I tend to agree, probably should be a separate document ... perhaps LM are trying to get more people involved in development of content and hence made it part of the learning center.  Or at the very least, make people aware at just how flexible the product is  ... OR make them run away from content development when they see C++ code, shader code, and thought GUID was some type of Sushi   :lol:

Cheers, Rob.

THUD!

I had tried using a shortcut to load it from the sim computer across my LAN, but that didn't work. For some reason or another, it never even occurred to me to copy/paste the entire .CHM file to my local ..\P3Dv2 SDK folder... :blush:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator