Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Auscene anyone?

I notice that a relatively new developer has appeared on the scene with airports on sale for Sydney and Adelaide. I can't say that I have been over-impressed by the screenshots available for either Airport on the SimMarket and FSPS sites and these certainly would not put them into the top league of developers but I wondered if anyone has any actual experience of them? As I understand that FlyTampa has Sydney in it's sights, I was going to wait for that but I was considering Adelaide as it is a large airport which I guess is unlikely to be developed by anyone else.

Bill

I have AUscene's Adelaide.

I am satisfied with it and have experienced no problems with it. It has represented value for money for me.

There is a sub-forum for the product on the PC Aviator Community Forum and I notice that the developer is very prompt and helpful with any questions about the Adelaide product.

I don't have AUscene's Sydney product (either in the newly released version or in the previous one). 

I am waiting for the Fly Tampa one as the screenshots I have seen of the Fly Tampa one are very impressive and I have all of the Fly Tampa airports released since 2008 (three of the four I have seen released before then, I have by other developers).

Thank you - bought Adelaide following your recommendations and had a preliminary flight around there this morning.

Overall, I would agree that this is a very nice product providing a good sense of 'immersion' when using it, which is one of the ways I judge any airport addon.  It seems to blend in quite well with the FTX Australia scenery and I have not as yet noticed any problems in this regard. I particularly like the detail of the foreshore and beachfront scenery visible on approach to runway 05. Frame rates are good. My only slight criticism is that the textures on some of the buildings including the main terminal look a little bland and featureless and could perhaps do with a little more detailing, but this does not detract in any way from the enjoyment of the scenery itself. I have never visited this airport in the real world and maybe these buildings in reality are a bit bland anyway!

Though not quite in the Fly Tampa league (like you I have all of their airports), I too am very pleased with this airport and am glad to have bought it.

Bill

I noticed on the PC Aviator Forum that version 1.2 was released yesterday.

Don't bother with YSSY AUSCENE....wait for the scenery from Fly Tampa...Much,Much Better..

I noticed on the PC Aviator Forum that version 1.2 was released yesterday.

Thank you! Just missed it - mine was v1.1 so I will go and get that update although it is pretty good as it stands!

Don't bother with YSSY AUSCENE....wait for the scenery from Fly Tampa...Much,Much Better..

I am waiting for Fly Tampa YSSY also (Fly Tampa is the gold standard for FSX addon airports IMO), but I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by Auscene YPAD and, although it is not in the Fly Tampa league, I would be happy to recommend it to anyone who wants a very good version of YPAD.

Bill

Do they feature AES support

AUSCENE will never have AES support according to the AES developer.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.