Sign in to follow this  
Paul K

VC shakes when prop pitch altered - can this be eliminated ?

Although I'm using P3Dv2.2 I'll post this here because more people are still using FSX and so there's more chance of someone knowing.

The title says it all - when you alter prop pitch, the VC view rocks back and forward a couple of times. Is there anything I can edit or tweak that will eliminate this effect completely ? I have a certain aircraft in which it's downright annoying.

Any help gratefully received.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Try lowering the prop_tc=  value in the Propeller section of the Aircraft.cfg file.  I lowered one from 0.1 to 0.006 for example to reduce this kind of movement in the VC (in FSX).

Rick

Rick, thanks very much indeed. The aircraft in question is the Aerosoft Bronco. I reduced prop_tc from the default 0.05 to 0.00006 and the VC movement has been eliminated completely. I'm very grateful for your help, thanks again !

SDK says prop_tc is 'Time Constant For Prop'.  I've been bothered by the VC moving around a bit much when puling back rpm in the Milviz 310R, especially amplified when using EZdok.  Other than eliminating the VC shakes, do we know if there are any unwanted side effects on other parts of the flight model from changing this?

SDK says prop_tc is 'Time Constant For Prop'.  I've been bothered by the VC moving around a bit much when puling back rpm in the Milviz 310R, especially amplified when using EZdok.  Other than eliminating the VC shakes, do we know if there are any unwanted side effects on other parts of the flight model from changing this?

I asked Finn Jacobsen over at Aerosoft about possible ramifications ( he did some of the programming for the Bronco ). Apparently, there were some head / viewpoint shaking issues during testing of the FSX model, which they managed to correct. He says it might be that P3Dv2.2 has reintroduced the problem, so for now it's a case of suck it and see. So far everything is okay, but we'll see what further flying reveals. Hopefully nothing - the Bronco is a superb model. :)